U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 05:29 PM

9,587 posts, read 10,939,614 times

Advertisements

Do you still have as much fun as you had when you were a kid? If not here are some things to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5w8IfwAlGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5P53bG8hYM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 05:37 PM

6,571 posts, read 8,001,000 times
Nobody said getting old was easy! These are hilarious.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:14 PM

8,402 posts, read 9,154,456 times
Fun is a matter of definition. I have no interest to act like my grand daughter.

A 20 mile Mtn bike ride is fun. As is seeing a play at Sierra Rep. Dinner out with friends! Skiing is fun. Stuff that the typical 10 year old would find as boring.

Being stupid is fun to do for Lily, but not as a lifestyle

Old 06-08-2014, 08:16 PM

18,130 posts, read 23,000,049 times
I can't watch videos of people getting hurt. That's why I don't watch America's Funniest Videos, either. I couldn't watch your links for fear it would be upsetting!

As far as old people having fun, though, I signed up for a free kayak trip on Whiskey Town Lake through the library here in Redding. It's at the end of the month. Everything is provided and it's free for all ages.

Now, the trick will be getting into and out of the kayak LOL! It's been years, and not only am I pushing 60, but I'm very overweight now he he. Plus, I'm in horrible shape, and this trip around the lake is supposed to take a couple of hours. I know I will be out of "gas" pretty quickly. Regardless, it still sounds like fun, so I'm going to give it a go. I'm taking a car full of seniors from my building, who are all in better shape than I am, and it will be fun anyway.

I hope nobody videotapes me trying to get in and out of the kayak LOL!

Old 06-08-2014, 08:22 PM

14,264 posts, read 24,013,182 times
I guess it is how you look at it. Here is what I think of:

[hulu=http://www.flickr.com/photos/440738]zgPdk_9BLROckngQjXQhxw[/hulu]

Old 06-08-2014, 09:01 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,975,533 times
Thanks, jlawrence01, I just watched the video from start to finish, including the commercials, which are modern day. It was a treat for me, as I don't have TV any longer. let alone Hulu. Plus, I was too young to watch most Twilight Zone episodes, they scared me or I didn't understand them. The music, well, it was very scary to a young kid.

Very appropriate for this thread!

Old 06-09-2014, 12:14 AM

9,587 posts, read 10,939,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Thanks, jlawrence01, I just watched the video from start to finish, including the commercials, which are modern day. It was a treat for me, as I don't have TV any longer. let alone Hulu. Plus, I was too young to watch most Twilight Zone episodes, they scared me or I didn't understand them. The music, well, it was very scary to a young kid.

Let's see if I can provide you with another treat. You can find all or at least most of the episodes on youtube. There are a number of Perry Mason episodes. You can find all sorts of tv and radio shows as well as movies from both the dim and not so dim past.

Want something really spooky? These are considered two of the best made-for- TV movies ever. The TV series that sprang from it seems complete. You can get the proper order from the wikipedia article. Not having had television for decades I only learned of this a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUIzED0mIGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak4Ld5g13fQ

Old 06-09-2014, 05:00 AM

8,204 posts, read 11,925,738 times
Quote:
Thanks, jlawrence01, I just watched the video from start to finish, including the commercials, which are modern day. It was a treat for me, as I don't have TV any longer. let alone Hulu.
You may not be aware that there is no charge for Hulu (only Hulu Plus). If you have an Internet connection, you have Hulu. You can watch all the Twilight Zone you want, as well as many classic tv shows, on Hulu.

Free TV Shows and Movies - Watch Your Favorite TV Episodes and Movies Online | Hulu

Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 AM

14,264 posts, read 24,013,182 times
Quote:

If you have a television without cable, you can get some of these shows over the air. A local Chicago company - Weigel Communications has introduced "MeTV" and "MeToo" as well as a movie channel. They show only older shows and are an official "Kardashian Free Zone."

The Twilight Zone is one of the best written series in history (although it is more adult themed than most). Every time my wife starts to become a "fuddy duddy", I sit her down and make her watch that episode. After THAT, she quits telling me to "act my age."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement