U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 08:44 AM

15,201 posts, read 8,513,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
I once had a "ladies" doctor tell me she didn't know any women my age (I was 50ish at the time) who really cared about it any more. I guess she didn't read the posts around here!
My "lady" doctor asked me when the last time I had sex was and I was counting on my fingers..."Let's see, one, two, three, four, five...." and she interrupts me "Five years!"

Uhm no you dumb #*$&%^! Five DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I switched doctors after that because she was always interrupting me and trying to finish my sentences and she was always wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 10:12 AM

4,655 posts, read 3,237,575 times
Something I'd like to hear about from ladies and gents.

I have heard people talk and read articles describing the benefits of sex, etc. I totally agree, sex is exhilarating and fun. Being an "older" woman who has been single a very long time, there has been a rather large lack of it. OK, I've ventured into some activity but nothing long-lasting or regular. And never been one for one-night-stands.

How does a healthy woman (yes I know about self satisfaction) who enjoys the activity but has no partner (male) with none in sight?

It gets lonely out here sometimes. I hate the idea that my sex life is over.

No, this is not an advertisement.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:20 AM

56,005 posts, read 54,508,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
My "lady" doctor asked me when the last time I had sex was and I was counting on my fingers..."Let's see, one, two, three, four, five...." and she interrupts me "Five years!"

I switched doctors after that because she was always interrupting me and trying to finish my sentences and she was always wrong.
Hahaha, this is great.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Something I'd like to hear about from ladies and gents.

I have heard people talk and read articles describing the benefits of sex, etc. I totally agree, sex is exhilarating and fun. Being an "older" woman who has been single a very long time, there has been a rather large lack of it. OK, I've ventured into some activity but nothing long-lasting or regular. And never been one for one-night-stands.

How does a healthy woman (yes I know about self satisfaction) who enjoys the activity but has no partner (male) with none in sight?

It gets lonely out here sometimes. I hate the idea that my sex life is over.

No, this is not an advertisement.
You're not alone. Even though I am long divorced and had no luck with finding a real relationship during my post-divorce forays into dating, I still find myself hoping even though I keep sternly telling myself NOT to hope at this point. I will be 58 in August. The chances available to me are usually Somebody Else's Husband, and I'm not personally comfortable being in that role. I know a woman who is in that situation, with the wife's ok. She even sent my friend a "take good care of him" email, but doesn't want to break up the household for children and grandchildren's sake.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:41 AM

4,655 posts, read 3,237,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You're not alone. Even though I am long divorced and had no luck with finding a real relationship during my post-divorce forays into dating, I still find myself hoping even though I keep sternly telling myself NOT to hope at this point. I will be 58 in August. The chances available to me are usually Somebody Else's Husband, and I'm not personally comfortable being in that role. I know a woman who is in that situation, with the wife's ok. She even sent my friend a "take good care of him" email, but doesn't want to break up the household for children and grandchildren's sake.
Oh my, the "forgiving wife" is a rare bird, I think.

I spent some time in that scenario (only once w/ same person for about 3-4 yrs). Problem with it is I fell in "love" or so I thought it was. But of course he told me over and over he was not leaving. He had a wife, children (grown), grandkids, and money (wife's). Why would he want to leave that? I was the fool. Not interested in a repeat.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:45 AM

1,099 posts, read 663,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

ROTFLMAO!!! That's hilarious. Thanks for the morning laugh.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:49 AM

3,911 posts, read 2,876,213 times
Quote:
I have heard of that happening also. I don't think I would be very comfortable with that even if my wife were okay with it.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Oh my, the "forgiving wife" is a rare bird, I think.

I spent some time in that scenario (only once w/ same person for about 3-4 yrs). Problem with it is I fell in "love" or so I thought it was. But of course he told me over and over he was not leaving. He had a wife, children (grown), grandkids, and money (wife's). Why would he want to leave that? I was the fool. Not interested in a repeat.
Well, rumor has it that the forgiving wife has her own side thing going on, which might have made her more amenable.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:54 AM

6,954 posts, read 7,390,042 times
Quote:
I suspect there are many women out there that don't want a divorce for a variety of reasons but don't really want the husband either. Having someone else "fulfill" his needs works for them.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:07 PM

3,911 posts, read 2,876,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I suspect there are many women out there that don't want a divorce for a variety of reasons but don't really want the husband either. Having someone else "fulfill" his needs works for them.
The odd thing is, I suspect it probably works for her better than it does for him. The reason I would not like that is not because I am a prude; I would like to think I would do the right thing if I were offered some "fufillment" but I am not sure I would. It's because as soon as you both accept that as part of the relationship, I think it is broken and unfixable. I actually think it would be easier to get past a clandestine affair because it isn't part of the relationship. Not sure if that makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement