U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 09:33 AM

6,313 posts, read 5,053,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachTheBeach View Post
If you are in a relationship, I would suggest discussing it and not making unilateral decisions.
It's a joke along the lines of "use your body when you are young" - live on the memories after that.

But I know this is a delicate subject for you due to your situation.

I don't think your wife is going to change her mind. If her body and mind are not giving her the signal that she still wants to enjoy that, what can she do?

My "roommate" is a great looking guy - practically have to beat the women off - but I don't see him in that way any longer. I don't know why - just the way my mind/body chemistry is wired. It doesn't bother me and he is free to go do whatever he cares to.

I did follow the "use your body when you are young" theme, so maybe that is why I am content with that part of my life.

Its a big mystery.

Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 10:56 AM

761 posts, read 638,090 times
Just turned 63.
In great shape and having a sexy, sensual 38 year old GF helps keep me young and wanting to keep in condition for her.

And, oh yeah, the sex is the best of my life.
Must be good for her, she is still with me!

Old 06-02-2016, 11:08 AM

2,165 posts, read 1,265,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
Last time I went to a new Doctor, they made me fill out all those Forms.
At the top of the first page the form asks, "Sex - M or F" I thought they were asking if I wanted some on Monday or Friday -- Of course Friday Sex is better, so I circled "F"

When I handed the completed Form to Nurse Ratched, she got all huffy and said, "You're not an F you're an M."

I said, "I'm not really particular about it, either way !!!" The conversation went off the rails from that point forward.
I always thought that meant Many or Few Sex partners. I always checked Many, but Mondays work for me too....

Old 06-02-2016, 11:45 AM

3,911 posts, read 2,878,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
But I know this is a delicate subject for you due to your situation.

I don't think your wife is going to change her mind. If her body and mind are not giving her the signal that she still wants to enjoy that, what can she do?
At least try or at least discuss it. In our case it is stopping well short of sex. This therapist says a lot of things that resonate with me; I cried watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2M...ature=youtu.be

based on some recent comments and near-term plans (or "non-plans" like not going with me to my mother's memorial service), I think there isn't much hope for us remaining a couple much longer.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:01 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,243,341 times
ReachTheBeach: I was married for 21+ years to a man who in the last 19 years or so of marriage would not touch me. I have no clue why he did that; he was getting it in a lot of other places. I was extremely frustrated. After a while, the love turned to hate. My self-esteem took a real nose-dive.

You can say you love her and want to wait for her to be ready. Your own funeral will come first.

You won't like this but get the heck out of that sexless marriage now. While you still can. There are many women who will be more than happy to give you what you want and need plus so much more.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:23 PM

783 posts, read 893,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMWEAVER6477 View Post
We're the hell do you guys live, I want to move there and I'm only 65 years old? Is the female to male ratio 10 to 1?? What the hell would attract a 20 year old tight bodied soft skinned body to the wrinkly assed, 84 year old possibly suffering from ED? OH!!! Wait a minute there are (2) things that come to mind right away. One being $$$$$$$$ and the other being a "HUGE" Penis even though it may be soft.
We all live in Peru (land of sevens) and he could charm the pants off of anybody. These girls (7 sisters) lived in a poor part of town and as each sister came of age the oldest would introduce the next. They would come by every weekend and he would prepare a salad and fettuccine alfredo. After lunch they would drink whiskey,dance,service anybody around, take a shower, get dressed up and head out to the clubs in our part of town. He would give them money ($50-$100) for their drinks and taxi's and they would crash in his apartment and go home on Sunday afternoon. I know he had a Doctor in Miami who would send down free samples of various ED drugs, I do not know how frequently he used them as I think most sex was of the oral variety. I was (still am) married to a hot, young, Peruvian and used to go drink at his place regularly but would always leave once the festivities were about to start.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:40 PM

6,313 posts, read 5,053,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReachTheBeach View Post
At least try or at least discuss it. In our case it is stopping well short of sex. This therapist says a lot of things that resonate with me; I cried watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2M...ature=youtu.be

based on some recent comments and near-term plans (or "non-plans" like not going with me to my mother's memorial service), I think there isn't much hope for us remaining a couple much longer.
not going to the service with you is inexcusable

Old 06-03-2016, 03:25 AM

4,432 posts, read 2,611,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
Ain't gonna happen even though my 50 year friend has bare naked men sending her pictures. YUCK
aw. com'on. I was just trying to cheer her up with those pics I sent....

Sex sex sex, is that all you guys ever think of?

I am not yet quite to the 60 mark, but as long as I can handle it {heart wise, body aches and pains wise, getting into positions wise, etc}, I won't be giving up sex {SHHHH!} any time soon!

I don't feel I've had enough sex in my life so I need to make up for time lost in retirement.....

Whats "Sexting"? oh yeah when you send a dirty pic of your privates to someone who will enjoy them and be more desired of you. Gee, if only they'd have had that when I was a teen!? {or 20s or 30s...}

What A GREAT invention...SEX!

Old 06-03-2016, 03:46 AM

14 posts, read 6,918 times
Getting older changes how you think.

When I was younger-- I found more men that I wanted to have sex with and fewer men that I wanted to talk to. Now, as an old lady, I find more men that I want to talk to and fewer men that I want to have sex with.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:15 AM

4,343 posts, read 6,056,653 times
Anyone watch the Grace & Frankie episode about the vibrator?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement