Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:50 AM

730 posts, read 1,297,632 times

Advertisements

LOL, nope, no elopement. ;-) Though I/we have been busy. For one thing, we spent two days spreading mulch in the planting beds in my garden. (forget candy and flowers: gimme MULCH to suppress those darn weeds! lol)

We went on a fireworks cruise over the holiday, which luckily didn't get rained out (we did have rain earlier in the day); I haven't been on one of those for 30+ years and forgot how nice they are.

I haven't had time to get to the library very often, for internet access, like I used to do, and now they are closed on Sundays for the summer. Evenings are busy there and so there's often a wait for the computers, so I never go then.

And no, he has not met my son yet. I want to wait a bit for that, only partly because I know I will be in for some major teasing, LOL. And there's that silly illogical feeling of not wanting to "jinx" things by creating an expectation in other peoples minds.

I did get a lovely email from his daughter though, saying how happy she is that we reconnected and that she "hasn't heard dad sound this happy in a long time". :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 12:30 PM

95 posts, read 228,106 times
oh I'm soooo happy for you and enjoy the updates. I also noticed the name change right away ! congrats on everything happening so far. keep us posted, gives me hope. enjoy !

Old 07-09-2014, 02:50 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,729,200 times
OMG, he's going to meet your son, you have emails from his daughter; this could be IT 2L8!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:17 PM

26,650 posts, read 28,557,937 times
I did get a lovely email from his daughter though, saying how happy she is that we reconnected and that she "hasn't heard dad sound this happy in a long time". :-)

Very good signs. I think we have a match! After all, who else is he going to meet who shares this background with him? No one. As an extra added bonus there's the shared love of gardening. Oh yes, this is sounding very good. But stay calm and carry on.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:33 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,937,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2L8 View Post
LOL, nope, no elopement. ;-) Though I/we have been busy. For one thing, we spent two days spreading mulch in the planting beds in my garden. (forget candy and flowers: gimme MULCH to suppress those darn weeds! lol)

We went on a fireworks cruise over the holiday, which luckily didn't get rained out (we did have rain earlier in the day); I haven't been on one of those for 30+ years and forgot how nice they are.

I haven't had time to get to the library very often, for internet access, like I used to do, and now they are closed on Sundays for the summer. Evenings are busy there and so there's often a wait for the computers, so I never go then.

And no, he has not met my son yet. I want to wait a bit for that, only partly because I know I will be in for some major teasing, LOL. And there's that silly illogical feeling of not wanting to "jinx" things by creating an expectation in other peoples minds.

Time for an American TV series version of "Last Tango," lol. Sounds like a real romance is blooming. Of course we want details but are too shy to ask...

Old 07-09-2014, 04:34 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,937,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Very good signs. I think we have a match! After all, who else is he going to meet who shares this background with him? No one. As an extra added bonus there's the shared love of gardening. Oh yes, this is sounding very good. But stay calm and carry on.
Is anyone giving the daughter credit for any of this? If it weren't for her...

Old 07-09-2014, 04:58 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,363,195 times
Oh, indeed,

It is written

The fireworks cruise sounds terrific. I'm not sure we even have them, here - although our fireworks are done on a barge in Lake Michigan and we do have dinner cruise ships...., so..

So happy for you, N2L8... Sounds like a lovely Fourth.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:00 PM

6,883 posts, read 11,212,926 times
Smile Great new screen name

I love happy stories!!! It just puts me in a great mood!

Glad you felt and saw the fireworks!!

Old 07-09-2014, 07:07 PM

7,572 posts, read 8,999,803 times
I'll be expecting an invitation - yep.. I don't think this dating thing will last long - the next step will surely come quickly. You have both been single long enough. But whether you marry or not, it sounds like a very doable relationship. It really helps that his daughter is all for it.

I don't know you but you seem like someone that really deserves this.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:08 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,729,200 times
Pass the happiness... every day is a gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement