Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:23 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times

Advertisements

This was more likely back in the days of tradesmen and before white collar jobs. I didn't choose what my parents wanted and really never saw things happening as they did. I've just improvised all along the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 01:13 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,286,837 times
Dad is a PhD Materials Scientist, career military, then consulting.
Mom was an RN, then SAHM, then RN again post-divorce.

I got a degree in journalism and worked briefly in publishing then went to law school. Now a state e'ee in risk management.

My brother never finished his degree, but is a high achieving IT/systems architect/programmer type.

I suppose my brother sort of followed dad, to the extent they're both in analytical STEM fields. But I might have followed mom a bit, too, as a lot of what I deal with is medical malpractice claims against state entities -- I have to understand the medicine.

Both parents were/are singers. My brother sings and plays guitar, and I play French horn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement