U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 08:13 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,577,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
The highlight of my day is waking up fairly early (or whenever I want) and having a few hours to myself to watch the news, drink my coffee, putter around the house, etc.

Then when my husband wakes up, I usually say, "What do you have planned today, Mr. Social Director?" If he's not playing golf due to the heat, he usually has a day trip planned for us. (Yesterday we went to Charlie, Texas, for the peaches and Mineral Wells, Texas, for the water. We had a great BBQ lunch at Shotgun's BBQ in Mineral Wells, too.)

My husband usually always has an idea for something to do. I like the unexpected day trips he plans. Makes retired life fun.
That's usually my job planning the day.
I love unexpected spontaneous day trips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 08:58 AM

10,812 posts, read 8,056,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
Would you PLEASE post the recipe? Sounds heavenly. Even though it probably wouldn't taste as good with decaf expresso -- I bet it would make a great after-dinner drink for me. Oh YUMMMM. LOLOL
He just brews chicory coffee according to instructions on package, along with one scoop of espresso grounds. A ****** of Bailey's in the bottom of a mug, pour in the brewed mix, top with warm frothed milk and cinnamon.
The frothing method depends upon where we are and what's on hand. We carry a small battery-operated stick when traveling but any small container with a lid, for shaking vigorously, will do in a pinch.
We do decaf and leave out the espresso sometimes, but the froth and Bailey's (or less pricey O'Mara's) are essential . It's quite the treat on a cold wintery afternoon.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:09 AM

19,784 posts, read 19,880,941 times
How much Bailey's was that?

Sheesh....tried to figure out what you possibly could have said that got bleeped. First guess was right but I figured it is either really stupid extreme paranoia or a mistake...had to google to find out what could be possibly wrong with it and still think it's so remote as to just be stupid to bleep it out.

Oh yeah...came to this thread because I figured out a bright spot to my days, at least 6 out of 7 of them.
When I look out the window and it's a beautiful day and the lawn does not need mowing.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:34 AM

10,425 posts, read 8,777,659 times
Ha Ha listening to Bob Seger.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:07 PM

10,812 posts, read 8,056,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
How much Bailey's was that?

Sheesh....tried to figure out what you possibly could have said that got bleeped. First guess was right but I figured it is either really stupid extreme paranoia or a mistake...had to google to find out what could be possibly wrong with it and still think it's so remote as to just be stupid to bleep it out.
I searched but couldn't find any definition that would cause it to be bleeped.
For those who are wondering, the word I used commonly describes a 1-2 ounce measuring cup for liquor. An alternative definition would be someone who dances a ***.

edit: I'll be danged, bleeped again. It's a 3 letter word for an Irish dance. What the hey?

Old 07-26-2014, 01:17 PM

15,891 posts, read 15,289,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

Not a highlight, but one thing that happens every day that I enjoy ... Waking up and going back to sleep if I want to
Absolutely! I also love getting up when I feel like it and having that first cup of coffee while others are scurrying off to work.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:40 PM

858 posts, read 949,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
For those who are wondering, the word I used commonly describes a 1-2 ounce measuring cup for liquor. An alternative definition would be someone who dances a ***.

edit: I'll be danged, bleeped again. It's a 3 letter word for an Irish dance. What the hey?
Now that's being a little too PC. I had to dig into the Urban Dictionary to find something offensive with the word in question. Apparently it involves combining derogatory slang for people of color with being of Jewish origin.

but really...........isn't that being a little ridiculous? There's at least 5 valid definitions for the word going back to 1675 and CD's going to censor all those in favor of slang that only exists because of the UD? Sorta gives validity to the slang doesn't it?

Old 07-26-2014, 02:01 PM

8,093 posts, read 13,225,721 times
Quote:

j-i-g
If you use dashes or spaces, it usually works.
Still trying figure the other word, LOL
Edit - Figured the other word out. Doh!

Old 07-26-2014, 03:04 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,182,310 times
Having lunch with my old buddies everyday at a great resturant with a good bottle of wine and then afterwards performing a raucous, albeit euphonius flatus along with a demulcent eructation out in the parking lot with them before getting into the car for the drive home.....What a blast....pun intended....

Last edited by Chaffeetrekker; 07-26-2014 at 03:42 PM..

Old 07-26-2014, 03:16 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,469,891 times
Quote:

lol..you have to learn to play with the system like this:

j*gger which is a measure of alcohol used by bartenders.
And your other word would be an Irish J*g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or