Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:39 PM

25 posts, read 87,084 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Gold Canyon, AZ from East TN because I can't handle the cold or humidity anymore. We are retired and our budget is not that big. I know that Gold Canyon homes are more upscale, but I've been looking at Montesa at Gold Canyon. Their manufactured homes look like real homes, at least online and are affordable.

Does anyone live there that can give me some guidance? Yes, I know it's a 55+ community and I would prefer that anyway. After thirty years of kids, motorcycles and loud cars, I'm ready for a quieter community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 07:18 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Looks clean and well kept.

A number of retirement home communities just like this one in Florida. The one's I've seen are very well kept and safe.

If it's 55+ it's your life and your time to live it like you want to!

You will not have to deal with cold.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:06 PM

7,036 posts, read 6,287,208 times
Wait a minute TN. I'm planning on moving from Minnesota to Knoxville because I still want some sort of seasons but what are you considering cold? Right now it's 17 above and the wind can blow you over. It;s better than that isn't it?

Old 11-17-2014, 05:25 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Wait a minute TN. I'm planning on moving from Minnesota to Knoxville because I still want some sort of seasons but what are you considering cold? Right now it's 17 above and the wind can blow you over. It;s better than that isn't it?

Not living there yet but yes meo, the weather is better in TN then MN. Remember Minnesotta is Indian for terribe weather right?

I have been to your area of the country and to the TN and I am considering the triangle area of Nashville Knoxville Chattanooga area with an emphasis of Chattanooga at the moment. We are just looking around still on line but in a year or two make our way there on trips to scout the area.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:50 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
Sad to say it's 29 right now here in east TN. Bright and sunny. We got about 1/4 inch of snow this morning. Very unusual to see these temps in November. This is more of January type day.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:44 PM

7,036 posts, read 6,287,208 times
29? That's warm! I think we're sitting at 8 or so. Hmmm, may have to re-think this. Actually, as I said in another post, whatever would I do with all my winter clothes? No, Tennessee is going to get me I think.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:24 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,265 times
We drove through this community. It was very quiet and the houses look nice. Gold Canyon is fairly small, there is a grocery store and many country clubs/golf courses. It would be a 20 - 30 minute drive to a Costco/Walmart/car dealership etc. You will probably do better if you post your question over at the Arizona forum or Phoenix, since Gold Canyon is outside of Phoenix. It is a very pretty area. Gold Canyon seemed pretty upscale vs. Apache Junction which is close but not nearly as nice.

The houses at Montessa looked good to us but we decided we could not handle the hot summers of this part of Arizona. Expect 105 degrees for three months in a row during the summer is what the locals told us.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:42 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
29? That's warm! I think we're sitting at 8 or so. Hmmm, may have to re-think this. Actually, as I said in another post, whatever would I do with all my winter clothes? No, Tennessee is going to get me I think.
Cumberland Plateau. Milder summers and winters. We own a lot on water in Fairfield Glade outside Crossville that we are either going to sell or build on. Just can't decide, but man is it beautiful there!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:43 AM

Oh, and Minnesota is actually Indian for Giant Mosquito.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
We drove through this community. It was very quiet and the houses look nice. Gold Canyon is fairly small, there is a grocery store and many country clubs/golf courses. It would be a 20 - 30 minute drive to a Costco/Walmart/car dealership etc. You will probably do better if you post your question over at the Arizona forum or Phoenix, since Gold Canyon is outside of Phoenix. It is a very pretty area. Gold Canyon seemed pretty upscale vs. Apache Junction which is close but not nearly as nice.

The houses at Montessa looked good to us but we decided we could not handle the hot summers of this part of Arizona. Expect 105 degrees for three months in a row during the summer is what the locals told us.
One of the reasons we moved to Las Vegas instead of Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement