U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 11:07 PM

21,856 posts, read 14,356,798 times

Advertisements

I would say, "exercise more regularly."

Also:

You will experience the decline and death of your mother, but be OK after all. You will be able to cope when she passes. The experience will change you but you will be better for it.

You will experience the slow death of a close friend, but you will gain much from the experience. It will painful forever, but you will never forget. You are stronger than you know.

You will love retirement!

You eat too many carbs.

You WILL move to the PNW.

You WILL sell the house.

You are going to have 2 grandchildren. Rejoice!

You are going to learn more about love and friendship in this decade than you ever knew before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 11:10 PM

43,547 posts, read 52,637,306 times
Stop taking everything so seriously.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:57 PM

10,813 posts, read 8,058,272 times
I don't remember or relate at all to 2005. I remember 2004 (not the best of years) and 2006 (things were looking way up) but 2005 slipped through the cracks of my memory.

I guess my advice would have been "Whatever is going on right now, you'll entirely forget it in just a few years, you're gonna be healthy and happy, so live in the moment, enjoy the good stuff and don't sweat the bad stuff."

Old 01-11-2015, 04:41 PM

8,614 posts, read 9,676,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
'You've come a long way, baby."
LOL...I would say the same thing. I moved back to my home town in 2005 determined to 'make changes'. And I did but took my sweet time doing it. The ONLY thing I would change, if I could, would be my employment. I was so stupid not to get the job I have now back then. I would've been fully vested, have all the bennies I wanted...which I do anyway...and be making a decent hourly wage. I wouldn't have had to start my SS early and lose some of my benefits. Hindsight hurts. Otherwise I still believe I've "come a long way".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or