U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 10:09 AM

29,809 posts, read 34,894,042 times

Advertisements

Yes, I just had a recent dream about being at work. Had dozed off start dreaming about and then a wave hit me and almost knocked my chair over. Had to get up and move it back a bit further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 10:59 AM

4,638 posts, read 4,479,613 times
Dreams? I wish I could remember my dreams - any of them. Since my Vietnam days, I have been unable to remember any nighttime dreams once I awaken. I know I dream. They are just lost when I regain consciousness.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 08-09-2017, 09:04 AM

13,295 posts, read 6,362,704 times
I had a bad dream last night, I think it was finally about work. My husband and I tried successfully escaping from what seemed like an insane asylum. I was in the final escape car but then one guy turned around with a long needle, supposedly to put me to sleep to keep me down, that's when I woke up. Boy it was scary. I thought about this thread.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:06 PM

302 posts, read 637,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
And you can't find your locker and you're in your underwear.
Yep.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:51 PM

4,376 posts, read 3,712,866 times
No.
Still have some work related contact and from time to time just wonder how a problem is being solved. Lasts about a minute or two. Surprised how fast I forgot about work. I did enjoy my job a lot.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:58 AM

825 posts, read 566,256 times
I have never dreamed about work, ever.

But I do have recurring nightmares about school. One is the classic where a test is handed out and somehow I forgot to study. I wake up in a complete panic. In the other one, I'm standing in front of my locker, needing to get my books out for class--but I can't remember my locker combination. I try all the numbers that I can remember, but none of them work, and then I wake up in a panic attack.

I guess maybe school meant more to me than work ever will.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:50 PM

30,162 posts, read 47,386,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
If you change "Dreams" to "Nightmares," I'd say yes.
Yes, retired as teacher 10+ yrs ago any any dream about school is never pleasant

Old 08-20-2017, 08:03 PM

30,697 posts, read 49,488,800 times
Consuming alcohol helps with the nightmares. When I went through my retirement physical the doctor told me that alcohol would help.

After 16 years of retirement I can no longer see their faces clearly. The memories fade.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:07 PM

295 posts, read 150,184 times
Default ...having the right answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Probably should've posted this in the 'Paranormal' forum.

I've been retired since April 2012 but still have dreams about every week about being back at work. The dreams usually involve discussing some issue or problem with bosses and/or coworkers, and usually end with me saying something to the effect of "Well you know, I'm retired now - I really don't have to deal with this."

It's very odd - in waking life I don't miss work or regret my decision to retire at all.

How about you?
Now that I am retired (that sounds so nice...) (31 DEC 17), I can comment on this thread.
Previous to retirement, I occasionally had dreams of being at work. There were two constants. The faces in my work dreams were not familiar to me and I always knew I was dreaming, which was usual for me. I realized years ago the unfamiliarity was due to my seeing my place of employment as just that - the place where I work and nothing more.
Shortly after retirement, I had an a couple of dreams about being back at work. Still no familiar faces, but seeing work areas that were recognizable and in surprising detail. Like the OP, someone would approach with a work problem and my response was in kind - "Fellas, I am retired". And they would shuffle off.
OP, I think reading your thread months ago helped me to offer the proper response.
Thank you, guy.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:34 PM

364 posts, read 553,689 times
My work dream is that I retired but for some reason went back to work and years have gone by and I'm still at it. I don't think it's even what was my actual job, but I'm working for one of my ex-bosses. All I know is it's drudgery and I want to quit. I don't have it very often, thankfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or