U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-24-2015, 05:21 AM
 
Location: Tijuana Exurbs
4,000 posts, read 10,444,771 times
Reputation: 4725

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I can find a Reverse Mortgage Calculator that is not part of some lender's sales pitch?

I just want to throw some numbers into various scenarios and see what they produce. I don't want any annoying sales calls.

Hmmm... could a Reverse Mortgage Calculator be a feature City-Data adds to their site? Any interest in that? (the bad pun was not intended until I actually typed it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-24-2015, 12:15 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,229 times
Reputation: 10
Our calculator will not collect any personal data. Feel free:

#1 Reverse Mortgage Calculator - Lower Rates/Fees
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 12:17 PM
 
Location: OH>IL>CO>CT
5,232 posts, read 8,395,972 times
Reputation: 7186
here is one that HUD refers to Reverse Mortgage Calculator

simpler one here Reverse Mortgage Calculator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Murrieta California
2,994 posts, read 3,746,276 times
Reputation: 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a Reverse Mortgage Calculator that is not part of some lender's sales pitch?

I just want to throw some numbers into various scenarios and see what they produce. I don't want any annoying sales calls.

Hmmm... could a Reverse Mortgage Calculator be a feature City-Data adds to their site? Any interest in that? (the bad pun was not intended until I actually typed it).
This is the best one I have found.

#1 Reverse Mortgage Calculator - Lower Rates/Fees

They do not ask for any personal info so you won't be contacted.

Bear in mind, that just like regular mortgages, fees and interest rates vary from lender to lender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2015, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Prescott AZ
6,123 posts, read 9,076,489 times
Reputation: 11545
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
This is the best one I have found.

#1 Reverse Mortgage Calculator - Lower Rates/Fees

They do not ask for any personal info so you won't be contacted.

Bear in mind, that just like regular mortgages, fees and interest rates vary from lender to lender.
I agree. This website will calculate new home purchase OR present home reverse mortgage. I wonder if their rates/fees are really lower ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2015, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Murrieta California
2,994 posts, read 3,746,276 times
Reputation: 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I agree. This website will calculate new home purchase OR present home reverse mortgage. I wonder if their rates/fees are really lower ?
Their fees and rates are very competitive. Stay away from the 2 promoted on TV by Fred Thompson and Henry Winkler as they get a million dollars a year to promote them meaning higher fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2015, 02:21 AM
 
1 posts, read 603 times
Reputation: 10
Here are two of the reverse mortgage calculators I've used in the past:

[url=http://www.reversemortgage.org/About/ReverseMortgageCalculator.aspx]Reverse Mortgage Calculator[/url]

[url=http://www.revmortgage.org/calculator/]Reverse Mortgage Calculator - Reverse Mortgage[/url]

All you have to do is provide information like your age, home value, mortgage debt and some optional input fields. They will not ask for your contact details so you will not receive annoying sales calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top