U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 05:52 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,901,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I say this in all sincerity and mean it. If you and your spouse are both retired and the toilet seat being up or down is at or near the top of your issues list consider your self blessed. As I have said to my wife is that our biggest life issue the seat up or down and it may well be.
Since we have our own bathroom that does not come up. Some of these things seem more like silly games being played to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 06:33 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,471,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
But did she teach you to put it down.
That was part of being a gentleman and considerate of the opposite sex so as not to have to deal with the opposing sex.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:36 AM

7,338 posts, read 16,637,122 times
Three years ago, I was forced into SS Early Retirement due to being unemployed. Wife still works a full-time job at 67 years old. She hopes she can physically be able to work until she is 70. Anyway, while she is at work, I do the laundry, vacuum, dust, load/unload/run dishwasher and some other things to keep my day busy. Sometimes, depending on the weather and how we feel, she can get pretty bored on a weekend. I've got sort of the "dominant" personality between us, but I do listen and consider her feelings. Doing that really helps our marriage.

Earlier this month I had a RC surgery and, after that, she found out, pretty fast, just how tough/tiring it is to do what I was doing, plus going to work. I truly sympathize with her and try to do what I can with my good right arm/shoulder. For the 6 years that we've lived in our apartment, she has never used the washer/dryer, used the dishwasher or some other things that I did before the RC surgery. We both laugh about what she doesn't know, but I help her and she is very grateful for that. One thing is for sure, neither of us can hardly wait until my left shoulder is back 100%.

BTW, we been married for 14 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or