U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2015, 01:35 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,295,877 times

Advertisements

Unpacked a large part leftover from my business, stowed the packing material and took it out for the scrap metal pile. Anyone need an exhaust manifold for a 2009 Envoy let me know.

Cleaned the humidifier. I was going to leave it but the new place has a fireplace so I think I'll take it instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 07:51 PM

1,045 posts, read 957,877 times
I took a break from 'unloading' this weekend. I just needed it. I've done so well in getting things gone that I hit a 'snag' when I found two large Rubbermaid bins full of windchimes that were packed in newspaper from 2000. It took me most of the day, but I put them up all over the ceiling in my bedroom around the fan, so now they chime quietly as I am working or sleeping...a GOOD thing for me. I got 20 of them up on the ceiling! There are still about another 20 that I may put up in the living room. I already have a porch full of chimes. My neighbors LOVE them, too. I'd try to take a pix of them, but I doubt it would give the same effect via smartphone. It make me happy and that is truly all that matters.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:34 AM

LOL mooks, my BFF is a windchime nut. Go you!

More stuff out the door this week thanks to ebay. Going to poke around the shop to put up more stuff today.

Last night I grabbed some diecast cars and put them up for auction, years ago I loved them, now they are just dust collectors. Let someone else love them.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 PM

26,589 posts, read 52,257,058 times
How's the market for diecast... have some that were given to me plus my original Hot Wheels from when I was a kid... just put them all in an old suitcase in the attic and that's where they are today...

Old 06-04-2015, 05:31 AM

It depends on if they are a series/special edition. These are pretty generic. The market has been soft for years.

Surprisingly I already have a bid on the 1:18 Audi TT. Of course, the opening bid is 9.99, a giveaway.

We got an early start yesterday and scrapped some more stuff in the barn and pulled out more stuff for ebay. Big stuff that will be a PITA to ship, but it's worth it.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:20 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,595,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
How's the market for diecast... have some that were given to me plus my original Hot Wheels from when I was a kid... just put them all in an old suitcase in the attic and that's where they are today...
It depends on type and condition. DH has a box of unopened, perfect in blister pak, Hot Wheels and Match Box cars. A few have gone for big bucks. Others he's putting into lots to sell much lower. I was shocked at what people will pay. It takes a lot of research to sift the wheat from the chaf.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:57 AM

1,045 posts, read 957,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
LOL mooks, my BFF is a windchime nut. Go you!

More stuff out the door this week thanks to ebay. Going to poke around the shop to put up more stuff today.

Last night I grabbed some diecast cars and put them up for auction, years ago I loved them, now they are just dust collectors. Let someone else love them.
More that we have in common~I love when that happens! I always check Ebay and Etsy (less) before I buy things I love but can no longer find on store shelves! I got a NEW pair of the 'old style' Skechers Sport Athletic shoes today. I have a pair, that are now so sad that I'm embarrassed to even wear yardening (they are from mid-90s). Many women have a 'shoe closet' and they wear things once and don't like them, and I am happy to have them! I'm seeking Sam & Libby wood cloge in navy suede at the moment, as mine from 1986, that I'd resoled x2 finally croaked. I have a black pair now but they aren't navy.
Most of what I love is now 'vintage or antique' but they do not make things (like the new 'memory foam' Skechers) like they used to when most of them were made in the USA).
I have 2 Rubbermaid bins of HotWheels from the 1990s that my son and I used to hunt and collect. I just keep them because the market is so 'soft' and they are a huge hassle to sell even with the HW diecast books etc. You may have gotten me more inspired to do Ebay again...not sure.
The last windchime I put up on the ceiling, I left the ceiling fan 'on' and got too close to it and it wacked 2 fingers, broke one and lacerated both...so I'm nursing those this week. Of course, I keep hitting them and yesterday got my hand into my pocket but couldn't get it out as the pain was too much....had to ask for help to unzip the jeans to allow my hand and the broken finger out. I hope that doesn't put a damper on my working in the yarden this weekend!

Old 06-06-2015, 05:35 PM

OMG mook, recliner for you and a bottle of wine.

My BFF recouped her divorce costs from her exes' Hot Wheels collection. It took a year but she did it.

In a late burst of energy today, we cleared and scrapped a bunch of stuff in the barn and put some more stuff up on ebay. Culled some more stuff to photograph to get up tomorrow.

Bought some gently used jeans on ebay for kicking around the ranch, the ones I have been wearing for the last two years are shredded. They look cool but are way past wearing in public.

I made good selling Skechers that I didn't wear anymore. And I wore the shyte out of them, too.

I had a gift card for TJXX and the opportunity to get to the mall is waning with the upcomeing move. I scored a 300 dollar Lauren bag for a hundred bucks. It's my first RLL bag in the stable. Welcome to the farm, girl, you are in good company. Lots of thoroughbreds in that stable.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:47 PM

4,654 posts, read 3,237,575 times
What did I do??

Not a darned thing.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:03 PM

890 posts, read 676,616 times
What did I do? Not add to the pile. For some, that's major progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement