U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 04:57 PM

6,125 posts, read 9,086,149 times

Advertisements

Jimrob: Good for you. Although I think the Real Estate Co should sell your home for NO Commission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 12:06 AM

16,357 posts, read 10,346,234 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/florida/

Before you commit, you might want to ask about different places on the Florida forum.

Also, if they do seem honestly concerned, drive through the new place a few times-esp friday and/or saturday evenings.

Tell them you can't afford to buy at this time, and ask if they'd consider renting until your place sold. That would help you financially, and give you a chance to see if the new place is any better than the old place.

Good luck to you, and plase do keep us updated.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:15 PM

7,802 posts, read 4,393,390 times
I hate that this happened to you; sorry! People will never wake up and realize that all the FREEBIES to the undeserving are ruining this country, or at least not until it's too late. Have a little "compassion" for the people who work hard and actually pay their way for a change.

Good luck! Get out, even at a loss; the stress and (justifiable) anger will ruin your health.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:14 PM

6,973 posts, read 12,492,210 times
Again thanks for the comments. They are most appreciated. The President of the Real Estate Company never called last night at 6pm, as I was told he would. It is now another day at 5pm and his office still has not called. I have to face reality I got screwed, and I have to take the loss. I will be looking for another Real Estate company. I am also considering notifying the local newspaper and a Tampa TV station about this. I would like to see if they will do a Human Interest story on this situation. My guess is my story is an old story in Florida. This baloney has probably being going on for years.

Thanks again everyone.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:57 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,610 posts, read 39,986,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
...never called last night at 6pm, as I was told he would. It is now another day at 5pm and his office still has not called. I have to face reality I got screwed, and I have to take the loss. I will be looking for another Real Estate company. ... This baloney has probably being going on for years.
Please consider a more aggressive stance, you don't have to take a beating from a Real Estate Company... Don't consider yourself a victim, use your energy to make your's and others lives better, and for the betterment of the community and businesses involved (park and realtor). Need a 'Win:win negotiation scheme'. realtors have a serious issue with IMAGE! They can't afford to lose what LITTLE they have. referrals are a huge part of their business, and they MUST have happy clients. (or at least clients that think / project they are happy)... BTW in 30+ property transactions I have had to use a realtor 2x. They were not pleasant (for me).
  1. Remind them first thing in the morning.
  2. Give them till 5pm Friday to offer a resolution (no cost to you) With the understanding you will be contacting Attorney General office on Monday AM if they can't think of anything...
  3. Spend the weekend gathering your data (park rules, company registration, identify company bond that is secured for them to do business (and terms of attaching the bond... i.e. running a senior park, that is not a senior park; not providing customer safety / follow up / manager for legitimate complaints) .
  4. Be well prepared and know who to talk to (very professionally, no whining / no excuses) You bought into a senior park, and it is not a senior park (be sure you know this).
  5. Talk to local housing / zoning / code enforcement agencies
  6. About next Wednesday have a 'sit-down' with park manager and a mediator and your sleazy (maybe) realtor.

DOCUMENT the meeting and have a resolution / path forward and TIMELINE / responsibility list Before you get up from the table.

Handle it very professionally and FIRM and hire / enlist the correct help.

Good luck with your next step.!

Old 04-17-2015, 10:47 AM

6,125 posts, read 9,086,149 times
I say this is excellent advice. Lose the fear and go forward.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:04 PM

708 posts, read 502,928 times
Do you have a home owners association in your park? If so bring it up them and they are suppose to bring it up to the Park Owners. Each park should have a book of rules and regulations. You should have rights. Our park does background and credit checks. You need to get proactive with your HOA or like NoMoreSnowforMe said get a lawyer.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:23 AM

761 posts, read 638,772 times
The neighbor(s) from hell can certainly do a lot of psychological damage to your peace of mind and cause you constant inner turmoil. I don't envy anyone who has this issue.

I spent 10 years in PA living in an enclave of homes that were considered upscale to a degree. Who did I end up next to? The biggest NFH I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. His entire existence during that 10 year period was finding ways to torment me. Once they find that button, they push it to the floor and duct tape it down.
Better incomes, better neighborhoods sometimes mean a better educated moron.

Anyhow, I moved to NC about 8 years ago. My next door neighbors are older, respectable people who do things "for" me and I reciprocate. We have a great relationship, but unfortunately, they will be moving to a 55+ community when their house sells.

Best of luck!

Old 04-20-2015, 06:47 AM

1,966 posts, read 1,166,801 times
Stealthrabbit has listed good points.

I also recommend documentation. But also document what the neighbor does, when they are doing it, etc. Back up your complaints with as much evidence as possible.

Hopefully, there will be an acceptable outcome to your situation.

Oh, and the fact that you use the internet.....google any new place you are considering moving to or buying. Google the physical address, the company if you are considering another similar situation (mobile home already set up in a park), google the town ....get educated on where you are looking to live. The internet is a great tool!

Old 04-20-2015, 04:19 PM

21,541 posts, read 44,028,155 times
That real estate company doesn't give a rat's azz whether or not you do business with them. Commissions on these mobile homes are small. Matter of fact, they hope they never hear from you again. They know very well the issues in that park - which is why the previous owner sold - and they also know they (and that seller) were EXTREMELY LUCKY to have actually sold it. There are all sorts of errors of omission here, but nondisclosure on numbers of under-55/non-owner occupied properties won't hold up - unless you were provided fraudulent data - in writing - before you bought. Although, verbal misrepresentations might hold up - depending on FL law.

Sounds to me, as it is presently managed, property in that that park couldn't be given away - except to bums.

Consider the property a loss until you sell.

Depending on the severity of the issue, if this was me, I'd be looking for a place to rent. Meanwhile, put the property on the market, of course, but don't expect a sale anytime soon. I would guess best marketing time for places like yours would be during snowbird season.

Lastly, SR's advice is excellent. You need to play serious hardball. With any luck at all, maybe the real estate company will buy the place from you just to get you off their back. It's amazing what legitmate, documented complaints to regulatory agencies can accomplish - even the threat of them - although I suspect the FL authorities aren't particularly diligent on issues like these. Up here, the WI regulatory agencies would be all over the owners/agents.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 04-20-2015 at 04:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or