U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 04:31 PM

71,463 posts, read 71,629,249 times

Advertisements

if nothing else the old men can drink it and keep from rolling out of bed at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 04:33 PM

4,800 posts, read 4,842,106 times
Just saw this and had to weigh in. First a bit of background. I am married and still given the trouble of 34+ years I would do it again given the same circumstances and I would not change anything. But ask if I would remarry my answer would be an emphatic NO! Women are too hard to train!

Old 04-15-2015, 05:16 PM

71,463 posts, read 71,629,249 times
try a rolled up newspaper .......

i would have to get married again because i don't want to think or make decisions anymore.

oooh the best was we were in this restaurant so the waiter says to me do you want bread ?

i turned to my wife and said do i want bread ?

she said nooooo , you don't like bread .

i said did i ever eat bread ?

she sad no you don't eat bread.

i turned to the waiter and said "no bread "

he walked away with the weirdest look on his face , it was priceless ..

now i go marilyn do i like sex ?

she goes , no ,you hate sex !

oooooh okay .......

Old 04-15-2015, 05:36 PM

16,042 posts, read 18,964,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello071 View Post
Your lucky, I have yet to find that perfect person. The ones that i'm really into do not seem to be into me, and the ones I don't really like are the ones you seem to be interested. I'm wondering if this will ever end and i'll find a perfect balance??????
Perfect? LOL.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:40 PM

1,723 posts, read 3,370,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
try a rolled up newspaper .......

i would have to get married again because i don't want to think or make decisions anymore.

oooh the best was we were in this restaurant so the waiter says to me do you want bread ?

i turned to my wife and said do i want bread ?

she said nooooo , you don't like bread .

i said did i ever eat bread ?

she sad no you don't eat bread.

i turned to the waiter and said "no bread "

he walked away with the weirdest look on his face , it was priceless ..

now i go marilyn do i like sex ?

she goes , no ,you hate sex !

oooooh okay .......

That's hysterical.. you sound like my husband though. He insists I come with him to get his hair cut and then I'm expected to tell the barber what he wants.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:52 PM

639 posts, read 1,744,422 times
I would say no. My first 2 marriages went south and my current one is a good marriage. i call him "my keeper hubby". I would not risk a fourth try.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:58 PM

10,812 posts, read 8,054,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Biscuitmom at post #82, I'm curious where you would likely find romance again.

You are very positive that you would find romance again so i'm wondering what places or activities you inhabit and are involved in that put you contact with lots of potential men in your age range?

If you care to share that, that is....if not, I understand.

Many older women have a tough time finding men to date.
I've maintained ties with people/groups from my early years, primarily school and work friends but also the social group I ran with when I was single.

There are always divorced/widowed men and women in the groups who have known each other for decades, and fairly often they pair off. Some studies have suggested that long-ago friendships provide the best basis for late-life romance. I agree!

Old 04-15-2015, 07:40 PM

2,060 posts, read 1,303,416 times
I'm 40 and pretty sure I'll never get married again.

I'm not against the idea... if the right guy came along and all that. But it's not in my plans.

I have a disabled son I'll be responsible for forever. That might have something to do with it.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:51 PM

781 posts, read 892,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello071 View Post
How long have you been married? also what is a non-AW?
We have been married for 10+ years.
AW=American Women, It is an abbreviation popular on Men's forums.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:15 PM

7,729 posts, read 18,594,750 times
Divorced after 30 years of marriage and I now know without a doubt I made the right decision eight years ago. I now realize I should have ended it sooner, but when children are involved, nothing is easy. I'm comfortable being on my own, I'm at peace, and I'm not looking and I did not leave for someone else. I go out socially, mostly platonic, but for me to even consider re-marrying, it would have to be someone that really rocked my world. I'd rather have a friend with benefits relationship, a relationship that I wouldn't call disposable, but one with mutual respect for each other's space. And to take the edge off sounding cold, I do know how to be a good friend, but marriage is a commitment, and not a preferred road. Divorce is expensive and exhausting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or