U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 03:10 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,221,383 times

Advertisements

Anyone read either one, or both of these two books?

If so, what did you think? Good info? Did you learn anything you didn't know before?
I mean some REAL good info that REALLY makes a difference?

I asked because....NOT that the Internet -- City Data, or ANYwhere online. is THE best place or be-all and end-all gospel about these topics. But with soooo much info available for free online, and all of us learning from each other...and articles on other Websites.....to be honest I'm wondering what the book might tell me that I couldn't learn just by asking online.....

For example the info I've learned from my dear online mentor Mathjack, and others I just can't recall.

The people online -- here and elsewhere -- have SUCH a wealth of knowledge and experiences....that I wonder about the need for a book. Unless you just want to have the info in THAT particular printed form.

I think I'll see about checking them out of a library -- one day, MAYBE.
I'll pick up any free booklet I can get my hands on But know I'd be pis sed if I bought it and it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. But I suppose I could pass it along to someone just getting started with their learning curve...who needs the "basics."

Although there was a thread under books about people going to books stores, over the course of weeks and months and just reading a book there for free (That was NOT really seen as quite honest or right.)

But seriously anyone read either of these books?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or