Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2015, 01:54 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times

Advertisements

Isn't it grand to be a grand on Mothers and Fathers day and have your kids and their families thank you? While it is always a joy it seems more special in retirement as it helps you look in the rear view mirror and smile. So for all you happy Moms today kick back look in that mirror and smile at a job well done. Dad's our day is coming so go along with today's ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 02:54 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
It's nice to hear this message. (–:

At the same time, re: Retirement thread about senior parents and their estranged children, my heart goes out to those parents who may or may not get any message from their adult kids on "mother's" day and "father's" day. And to those senior parents whose child has passed away. Holidays, human-made and otherwise, can be really hard for those who are grieving losses.

Old 05-10-2015, 03:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Isn't it grand to be a grand on Mothers and Fathers day and have your kids and their families thank you? While it is always a joy it seems more special in retirement as it helps you look in the rear view mirror and smile. So for all you happy Moms today so go along with today's ride.
Only if I am going to get a new Corvette to drive down Rte. 66!

Other than that, Happy Mothers Day to Mothers everywhere and especially those retirees but those still there for retirees.

My mother's birthday was near the end of last month. Today, just a hop, skip and jump later, is Mother's Day. Sadly, pancreatic cancer took her 25 years ago.

The mother of my children had early onset dementia beginning in about 1999 at age 48 so is not at all there for our five children.

Thankfully, my wife does what she can to bridge the gap as well as being there for her two daughters so I celebrate her, and not just on Mother's Day.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:00 PM

813 posts, read 1,133,423 times
My Mother passed 7 years ago. With a newborn in the house, I am very appreciative of my YW and am happy to see her enjoy her special day. On a side note, two of my 3 children were born on father's day (16 years apart) October has always been a dangerous month for me.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:01 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Only if I am going to get a new Corvette to drive down Rte. 66!

Other than that, Happy Mothers Day to Mothers everywhere and especially those retirees but those still there for retirees.

My mother's birthday was near the end of last month. Today, just a hop, skip and jump later, is Mother's Day. Sadly, pancreatic cancer took her 25 years ago.

The mother of my children had early onset dementia beginning in about 1999 at age 48 so is not at all there for our five children.

Thankfully, my wife does what she can to bridge the gap as well as being there for her two daughters so I celebrate her, and not just on Mother's Day.
How sweet that your daughter and especially your wife are so caring in this capacity!!! It says so much when "blended" families are there for each other always!!!

We raised 6 kids, but I am "ma" to probably 6 others that over the years needed someone there for them, and they kinda adopted me as their 2nd mom when dealing with crisis with their own parents as they were in those difficult teen years....it was MARVELOUS to hear from each of them today...makes my heart sing!!!!!!!

Last edited by Paka; 05-10-2015 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement