U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 05:15 AM

18,651 posts, read 9,639,706 times

Advertisements

Today is my last day before retirement so about to find out. I think I'll miss some things but hopefully I will have enough to fill the voids....right now I'm optimistic about hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 05:39 AM

3,551 posts, read 1,667,782 times
May I recommend that while you're waiting to find out what activities will fill your days, you fill any empty time with walks, going to the gym, or some other physical activity.

It's smart to get the habit of doing a daily physical activity right from the start. and it gets you out of the house. It's easier to discover retirement passions when you're out in the community. As for other retirement activities, don't worry about having voids to fill. They'll come your way, trust me you'll soon be as busy as you wish to be. With each thing you do, you'll meet new friends who will suggest other things that will be fun to do.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:50 AM

1,942 posts, read 351,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Today is my last day before retirement so about to find out. I think I'll miss some things but hopefully I will have enough to fill the voids....right now I'm optimistic about hat.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wishing you all the best in your upcoming lifetime of Saturdays!

Old 12-28-2018, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wishing you all the best in your upcoming lifetime of Saturdays!
Thank you so much I'm sure it will be an adjustment as my career has been full of stress, long hours, foreign travel, business class flights, and a feeling of accomplishment. I'll need to adjust.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
May I recommend that while you're waiting to find out what activities will fill your days, you fill any empty time with walks, going to the gym, or some other physical activity.

It's smart to get the habit of doing a daily physical activity right from the start. and it gets you out of the house. It's easier to discover retirement passions when you're out in the community. As for other retirement activities, don't worry about having voids to fill. They'll come your way, trust me you'll soon be as busy as you wish to be. With each thing you do, you'll meet new friends who will suggest other things that will be fun to do.
Not sure if you comment was for me or just general but yeah, I intend to walk, yoga, bike, lift, eat a good diet etc.....

Old 12-28-2018, 09:38 AM

8,660 posts, read 19,132,087 times
I don’t miss working per say, but I do miss the people I worked with. We all worked really well together and it was bittersweet leaving. Thankfully we stays connected via so I’ll media as I relocated out of the country.

Old 12-28-2018, 11:55 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,297 posts, read 3,347,064 times
Married over 50 yrs, .....widowed 14 yrs, .....
I have continued pursuing some of my favorite hobbies: 7
always have at least one bird dog who is also a house daas aw@,og and a great companion, upland bird hunting, trap and skating shooting, target shooting with rifles of various caliber, travel to souther climate in winter months, continue to stay in touch with a select few of high school and college classmates and travel to see a select few, remain active in continuing to persue other favorite outdoor activities: .....photography, outdoor with my dog, BBQ is a favorite method of preparing some of my meals.
In summary, by pursuing the above mentioned interests, hobbies and activities I have found that I never find myself lacking things to do and keeping busy is never a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement