Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 09:11 PM

7,040 posts, read 6,289,652 times

Advertisements

This past month, having health problems, made me realize I have to make sure the people I want to have my 'stuff' & any remaining monies. That brought my age to mind, recognizing that I had to get things in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 09:56 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
I don't like having my photo taken any longer cause the good looking young guy is starting to look pretty old at 62.

I see my father in those pics.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:39 PM

7,040 posts, read 6,289,652 times
Dito, excep yet I see my mother.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:47 AM

50,351 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I don't like having my photo taken any longer cause the good looking young guy is starting to look pretty old at 62.

I see my father in those pics.
Me too! I have become one of my old Swedish aunts.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:32 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,775,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Me too! I have become one of my old Swedish aunts.
You too? I look just like my dad's Swedish aunt (guess that's my great-aunt?)! Put me in a period costume and you couldn't tell us apart. No one warned me about that! 'Twas quite the wake-up call.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:39 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,450,054 times
The "ah ha moment " came when the kid at the go kart race track asked me if I was sure that I could handle the 25 horse power "super kart " ? I resisted the temptation to mention my years of racing super modified oval track cars, with 600 plus horse power......

My Grand sons were suitably impressed when I ran close to the track lap record time, with only 10 laps of practice. I did have trouble getting up off the seat, though. I am 69.

My buddy, Gary Elliott, is still racing oval track cars, at least two times a week, here in Ontario, in two different types of cars. Late Models and OSCARR modifieds. And winning against kids that are 40 years younger than he is. He is also 69 years old. He has been sponsored by Quaker State Motor Oil for 43 consecutive years. His plan is to race into his 70's. No grey hair, no glasses, all his own teeth and he can bench press 220 pounds, or change the rear gears on a race car, by himself. We call him "The Iron Man ".

Jim B.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:56 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,604,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotgb View Post
I have the body of 20 year old man.
I have to give it back because I am getting it all wrinkled.
LOL! My first clue that my body was getting old was crepe-y skin on my arms. I remember thinking it resembled my husband's grandmother. Oh well!

Old 07-03-2015, 02:14 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,383,792 times
Default started to feel old when

When I started to miss plays in a football game on TV because it took longer than the commercial break to get my bladder to empty

Old 03-28-2018, 05:07 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,121,336 times
Default Some signs that Yes, it seems that in reality, .......I 'm getting Old!!!

Yes I realize that this Thread is 2 yrs and 9 months old.....I just came across it and thought I 'd add my 2 cents:

As difficult as it may be to accept the fact, some tell-tail signs cannot be ignored:...........

.....when you're 'out and about', and other folks have begun to hold the door open for you when you are about to enter the grocery store, post office, the bank and other similiar situations.........I do use a cane occasionally when the right knee I fractured in 1951, is acting up.

.....When you no longer are chomping at the bit, to begin the preparations for setting up Elk Hunting Camp like you have done since 1966!!!

.....when you are getting ready to go horse-back riding and realize "it ain't as easy as it used to be" to get up into that saddle as it used to be when I was in my '70s!!!

.....and about 5 years ago I quit getting down on the ground under the SUV and the Pick-up to change the oil and filter........I guess "they" can do as good job as I been doing.

Just a few thoughts as I'm going to be beginning my 86th year in about 25 days!

Old 03-28-2018, 05:17 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,577,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post

.....when you're 'out and about', and other folks have begun to hold the door open for you when you are about to enter the grocery store, post office, the bank and other similiar situations..
The fact that you're still going to the Post Office regularly and a bank regularly indicates you are old-ish!!

(I know some others will disagree)

U.S. Postal Service - usps.com - can be used for most everything including making package labels and sending packages, and buying stamps (and U.S. Postal Service picks up packages at your dwelling for free)... and one can usually put an outgoing letter where USPS delivers your mail- (yes, there may be exceptions).......

and banking online is easy. (yes, there are some banking transactions which require visiting the bank) (deposits can be made at home or anywhere with a bank app, for many banks)

(unless you need to pick up your daily mail from a rented postal box inside the Post Office)

Last edited by matisse12; 03-28-2018 at 05:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement