Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 05:29 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,753 times

Advertisements

If the woman has been married 47 years, you can at least figure an approximate age!

Let's just say, for conversation sake, she was 18 when she got married (I do not know this), but if she was that would put her at 65.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:51 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I'm not being passive aggressive. I love the labels we put on one another. I don't know who the moderator is, if I did, I would have sent a DM.

No excuse. You could have taken the time to look in the time it took to put the offending poster on blast. You could have also used the report button.

In other words, there were classier ways to handle this. What did you hope to accomplish by posting it here?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
No excuse. You could have taken the time to look in the time it took to put the offending poster on blast. You could have also used the report button.

In other words, there were classier ways to handle this. What did you hope to accomplish by posting it here?

OK, classy person, put your money where your mouth is. Who is the moderator for this thread?

I posted it here in hopes the moderator would see it. Instead look who saw it. You. So classy.

Or maybe it was YOU??!!

Perhaps I'll report you...... this is an attack, isn't it?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:44 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Um, back on topic.

What does it matter what the OP's age is? The number to look at is 47 (years). At any rate, unless she was married at 12, she's in her 60s or 70s.

Strange thing about our age (60s, 70s). Work and family responsibilities hopefully behind us, we get to reinvent ourselves any way we want. I read somewhere that in Chinese tradition the age 60 is a celebration of a new era of new life. How that gets interpreted in our personal lives is individual. Marry, unmarry, change up the living arrangements, seek adventure, become a hermit, move elsewhere, find new activities. Short of becoming a criminal, the possibilities, within our personal economic boundaries, appear endless. Fear of breaking from conventionality is what keeps many who are stuck from trying out a new life.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:46 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
OK, classy person, put your money where your mouth is. Who is the moderator for this thread?

I posted it here in hopes the moderator would see it. Instead look who saw it. You. So classy.

Or maybe it was YOU??!!

You don't need to know who a mod is for any particular forum.
The report button will end up sending it to someone that can handle it

Old 07-27-2015, 06:47 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:

Or maybe it was YOU??!!

Deep breath. To report someone to a Mod you just click on the little red triangle above the offending post. You type in your complaint. More than once I hit the "rep" button by mistake and gave the offending [idiot] a rep my mistake. Smack head!

Enjoy the day ~

Old 07-27-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You don't need to know who a mod is for any particular forum.
The report button will end up sending it to someone that can handle it
Thank you. I will remember (and use when appropriate) this information.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Deep breath. To report someone to a Mod you just click on the little red triangle above the offending post. You type in your complaint. More than once I hit the "rep" button by mistake and gave the offending [idiot] a rep my mistake. Smack head!

Enjoy the day ~

Thank you newenglandgirl. I have done same, hit the rep button when I did not intend for a positive. And thank you for your explanation of the red triangle.

I just don't get the mm post..... which I think was inappropriate. But I'm leaving it alone unless it gets worse. Hope not.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:21 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:

Or maybe it was YOU??!!

LOL

Yes, it was me. I would be dumb enough to respond knowing it would be reported and I would receive an infraction.

Please point out where I attacked you.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:47 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
IT BEARS REPEATING: The Retirement Forum does not have a moderator. Please report any inappropriate posts. This is done by clicking on the triangle with an ! inside it. Then, fill in your reason for the report and that's it. The report will be seen by any moderator who happens to be looking in the REPORTED POSTS section of CD and eventually (probably) it will be attended to. Better to hit REPORT than to bicker and risk infraction (which means getting temporarily banned.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement