U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:31 AM

3,517 posts, read 12,062,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I've always been curious. What is the "average" median age for a place that is neither too old nor too young? This way, I can use that as a frame of reference in the future. It would be a good thing to know.
I think that is a very personal question and each person must decide for him/herself. If the median and the average are widely different numbers, then that tells you there is a disparate distribution of ages. If they are similar, then it is more a bell curve distribution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,828 times
Default Retired singles Tootsie Wootsie

Hi,

I went back to http:[URL="http://www.retiringsingles.com"]Retiringsingles.com RetiringsinglesOverseas.com[/URL] and they have updated their site.

They promise bigger and better things. I would go in there and you can write an article, blog, post photos, etc. You can even put classified ads in there.

I believe its all FREE.

Hope that helps.

Vicky

Old 05-19-2008, 02:59 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,246,084 times
Quote:
NancytheReader: I would say that depends upon your own perspective. To my daughter who is 18, an old community would be people in their 40s. To my grandmother, those would be kids.
Hi NancytheReader! For some reason, I didn't remember that you have a daughter the very same age as mine! If we end up in the same area, that would be cool! You're so right about those perspectives!

Quote:
mercedes1
I am not single, but I am researching places to retire. It's possible that you are familiar with the magazine, Where To Retire, but I am posting this because the magazine does feature articles on where to retire if you are single. The magazine is sold at bookstores, many libraries have a subscription, and they have a website. I pulled three old issues and here are some of the articles:

Singles: Finding a place to fit in

How to Make Friends & Find your niche

Active Adult Communities that Welcome Singles
Eeewww, now that sounds gross. "Welcomes singles," makes it sound like they're doing us a favor…. Or maybe they mean the "single men," since the women outlive them!

Guess we have to sort through this stuff....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or