Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 10:05 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,913,630 times

Advertisements

I was a little concerned that my post-retirement medical care "promise" might be reneged on - and, actually, it was converted from traditional indemnity to a point-of-service plan, a substantial downgrade - but, otherwise, no, I was financially well prepared. (No one is prepared to go without insurance in one's sixties.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 06:29 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
You could show up at work babbling, half-dressed and your hair like Phyllis Diller's....

What do you think?? I kind of like this look. But then I work on a Psych Unit and they most likely will just tell me to take the day off and come back to work in the morning.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:08 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
What do you think?? I kind of like this look. But then I work on a Psych Unit and they most likely will just tell me to take the day off and come back to work in the morning.
Or they may not notice the diff and will just greet you with "hi" in the morning. LOL.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:25 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Either that or start a pot of spaghetti boiling.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:00 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times
no

Old 12-09-2015, 10:26 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
Retail biz can go to an Ebay or Amazon store and ditch the ''webmaster''!
I lost everything in the Great Recession and have been unemployed or under-employed since.
I used to think of it as ''barely hanging on'', but have come to learn how to live a contented, frugal life and just be grateful for a safe and clean place to live, food, and a happy little job down the street.
I work a retail grocery job and plan to double my income next year at 62 with my SS.
I rent, drive a car that is paid for, and so far have my health and my wonderful little family. I feel secure and safe for now and we just try to take each day as it comes and enjoy our life as it is.

Old 12-09-2015, 11:01 AM

983 posts, read 1,054,686 times
Dh is starting to talk about retirement when he is 60 - about 3 1/2 years from now. We are not hanging on by a thread now, nor do we expect to be doing that when he retires. He is in a white collar job in the aerospace industry; as long as they don't move his job out of the area during the next few years, his job is stable and his as long as he wants to be there.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:18 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,080,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Retail biz can go to an Ebay or Amazon store and ditch the ''webmaster''!
I lost everything in the Great Recession and have been unemployed or under-employed since.
I used to think of it as ''barely hanging on'', but have come to learn how to live a contented, frugal life and just be grateful for a safe and clean place to live, food, and a happy little job down the street.
I work a retail grocery job and plan to double my income next year at 62 with my SS.
I rent, drive a car that is paid for, and so far have my health and my wonderful little family. I feel secure and safe for now and we just try to take each day as it comes and enjoy our life as it is.
Good for you!!! I am so inspired by individuals who find a way to make lemonade when life throws a few lemons their way.

One of the happiest times in my life when I was first married to my late husband. We lived in a small apartment, had mismatched furniture, a tiny TV, drove old cars, ate lots of Kraft mac & cheese, and a big night out for us was pizza and a movie. Back then our money was little, but our lives were large with health, happiness, and love

Wishing you and your family a joyous holiday season.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:50 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
Thank you! I appreciate your kind words!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement