Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2015, 07:24 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,656,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
Women who aren't of dating age basically do what they do to impress other women - their friends, etc. Simply put, if their friends are getting short "cute" haircuts then they will think about doing it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Apparently meaning, a woman past a certain age "won't be getting looked at or having dates". I have seen stated within dating / relationships that age 30 - 40 is the absolute "dead-end". No wonder women go ahead and begin pleasing themselves, if they are viewed as no longer being seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Not seen by whom? I find women of all ages beautiful if they take good care of and are confident in themselves. Some of all ages let themselves go which is unfortunate, as do men which is also unfortunate.

When it comes to women I'm an equal opportunity looker. Always have been. Always will be.
That had been my response to that poster above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 12:17 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Apparently meaning, a woman past a certain age "won't be getting looked at or having dates". I have seen stated within dating / relationships that age 30 - 40 is the absolute "dead-end". No wonder women go ahead and begin pleasing themselves, if they are viewed as no longer being seen.
LOL no way.

I think that sometimes more emotionally mature women may intimidate some men, but that's OK too. Believe me, we do not care - in fact, please make that clear as soon as possible so no one wastes any time or emotional energy!

Old 10-26-2015, 11:13 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,656,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL no way.

I think that sometimes more emotionally mature women may intimidate some men, but that's OK too. Believe me, we do not care - in fact, please make that clear as soon as possible so no one wastes any time or emotional energy!
I think what I posted is becoming misconstrued, being only in response to the poster above having said "women who aren't of dating age" (which myself and another female responded to right after), whose post was back around page 7-8.

What I said was intended to be mildly sarcastic, adding how I have seen men say here, that there is a "cut-off point" for women to be dating (which is what this poster implied). It amazes me how it will be said with such "factuality", as if women would never be dating, finding men, after a certain age.

* Now I need to catch up on the remaining half of the posts, that I could not get through, last time.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:27 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,816,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
So...which is it?
You can't have long hair after 50 or you look like a witch OR if you cut your hair you are a man?
Yeah, really. The binary thinking on this thread irritates the hell out of me.

I don't understand why some women choose to get "butch" haircuts, either. But I see lots of women with stylish, shorter hairstyles, and they look fantastic. A shorter style CAN be perfectly feminine.

I also see women well over the age of 50 or even 60 with long hair, and THEY look fabulous. Just the other day, I saw a woman who was probably in her late 50s, with hair down almost to her behind. It was beautiful. Thick, healthy, lustrous. She'd be crazy to cut it, IMO. Why is it assumed that ALL women have thinning, dry, unattractive hair after a certain age? My own mother is in her 70s, and while her hair may not be as outrageously thick as it once was, she still has plenty of it. She wears it shoulder length.

What irks me most of all, though, is men who are in NO position to judge anyone else's appearance (and that's a heck of a lot of men), but who nonetheless feel entitled to forever judge the personal grooming and fashion choices of women.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:14 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
What irks me most of all, though, is men who are in NO position to judge anyone else's appearance (and that's a heck of a lot of men), but who nonetheless feel entitled to forever judge the personal grooming and fashion choices of women.
I know..when I read these comments about women having 'men's haircuts' or how women need to 'look like real women' I get this image of some 65 year old guy with a full Trump comb over, or a ponytail that looks like it's sliding off of his head and a mustache and beard full of leftover breakfast debris (I know how awful that sounds but that's what comes to mind)

Old 10-28-2015, 01:25 PM

2,015 posts, read 3,177,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I know..when I read these comments about women having 'men's haircuts' or how women need to 'look like real women' I get this image of some 65 year old guy with a full Trump comb over, or a ponytail that looks like it's sliding off of his head and a mustache and beard full of leftover breakfast debris (I know how awful that sounds but that's what comes to mind)
Or dark black hair with short bangs across his entire forehead ...

Old 10-28-2015, 01:29 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigizug View Post
Or dark black hair with short bangs across his entire forehead ...
yep..that too

Old 11-01-2015, 12:53 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,358,318 times
Augie,
I don't know what your age is so I don't know what age of women you are talking about (having short hair cuts). Men more often have short hair cuts compared to that of women and don't have experience with maintaining longer hair.
I do know it is more difficult for older women to take care of their appearance. There is the issue of arthritis for example and painful movement of the limbs and/or muscle atrophy that characteristically does not permit prolonged arm raising, and so on. It's much easier to manage washing short hair and allowing it to air-dry rather than using a hair-dryer followed by curling iron and fixatives. Perhaps her hair stylist is giving a sort of "standard old-lady" hair cut and is not experienced with modern hairstyles.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:36 AM

18 posts, read 20,115 times
Looks fine to me.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:32 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,349,600 times
I got my hair cut a couple of days ago and for the first time in decades I had her cut it short over the ear. I love it! Husband loves it. Friends like it too. Perky and youthful. Hardly manish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement