Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 07:33 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,905,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
I hear sex is great for relieving a headache!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
does it matter if it is with a partner ?
A quote from the late, great Mae West: "Good sex is like a good game of Bridge ... if you don't have a good partner you better have a good hand!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 08:05 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The reason it's been reduced to that level is because many woman were reduced to the cook, nurse, maid after getting married and they don't want a repeat. For woman in their 60's or 70's it's rare to find otherwise.

I'm 55 and I've observed woman from the previous generation, but I lived in the era where woman went to work, then came home and did it all, where men had one foot stuck in the old ways and one foot in the new ways until we were so exhausted that we couldn't do it no more and then had to slam our spiked high heals down on the foot stuck in the old days.....

I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan. (no we can't)

If you were a man with a working wife and who did everything at home, would you easily give that up?

I just got a rep for the above post. The rep included the following comment (below). Of course he were not man enough to also include cd-name lol

Quote:
Actually I can. But I dont want to. And I dont have to.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:05 PM

26,650 posts, read 28,563,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
That is precisely why older women should team up with a single older gay gentleman.

Imagine the stylish brunch dates and cocktails al fresco, driving through the countryside checking out antique shops, theater matinees, and long discussions about art, literature, poetry, gardening, and philosophy!
Could be true, LOL. You reminded me of a crush I had on a gay guy back when my first husband was ignoring and rejecting me. He rekindled my interest in gardening, walked on the beach with me as he educated me about mollusks and other sea creatures. We collected Spanish moss in Florida to bring back, he picked wild orchids off the trees, he held my hand as I crossed a precarious log bridge over an alligator filled canal. (while my ex stood there, probably hoping I would fall in.) I think he even initiated my lifelong interest in antiques.

Five of us had taken a road trip to Florida. We were all teachers except for the girl student of my ex dh who had gained her parents' permission because he was her biology teacher and was going to teach her about marine biology. I was furious when I found out at the last minute. He doted on that girl and thank goodness for the gay male teacher who noticed and paid some attention to me while I was being totally ignored and humiliated.

A lot of women fell for him--a kind and sensitive man who was interesting. But the negative part was that he couldn't change and no one could change him. However at this age, who would care! He wasn't the last gay male I found attractive.

Last edited by in_newengland; 11-04-2015 at 09:29 AM..

Old 11-02-2015, 10:42 PM

8,094 posts, read 6,718,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourown2feet View Post
A close male friend in his early 70's has finally healed (as much as anyone can) from the loss of a beloved wife, and is looking with interest at single ladies in their 60's. In my opinion, he has much to recommend him.

To his surprise, many of them are not interested in dating anybody (not necessarily rejecting him personally), because they (in his words) "find men irrelevant." This is clearly in opposition to the commonly held view that single women in their 60's are anxious to find male partners.

I believe he is looking in his local area, and don't think he has tried online dating, yet.

Why would the women "find men irrelevant"?

Just wondering what you all thought.
Send this to your close male friend...it just might explain what some of the women in their 60s think of men.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wome...ation_movement

Old 11-02-2015, 11:22 PM

5,586 posts, read 8,377,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I am going to get so flamed but here goes. I am 72 and I do not see many women over 60 that I personally find attractive. Of course there are some (and you are one darling) so do not attempt to prove me totally wrong. Bottom line is it is my personal observance and taste. I would be most interested in would be 35 to 55. Of course they may have no interest in me but that is another story.....LOL
Unless there are some extenuating circumstances like you are rich and/or you are an outlier like Tom Selleck, you are correct there. As I mentioned, I am 65 and even I am not interested in a 72-year-old. I've always been interested in men about 10 years younger than I, and the good news is, they're all old now too!

Seriously, how could you be interested in a woman half your age or even 20 years younger? What possible things would you have in common? Oh don't tell me, it's your active and youthful lifestyle, right? OK I'm kidding, but really, I would be very curious to hear what you WOULD have in common with a woman in her 30's...

On another note, I so envy those of you who are married to the love of your life. I was only married once, briefly, very young. That was a poor choice and I was immature. But as I've grown older, my tastes and interests change too....I cannot imagine being in love with the same person for 40 or 50 years as my life changes and I have changed. So, I guess it's good I never remarried....probably not the best candidate for long-term relationships.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:33 AM

87 posts, read 210,153 times
Angry What Do Women Want

Your friend should try finding a girlfriend or wife in some other country. From experience, I can tell you that American women, who he might want to take out or marry, are not worth the trouble to seek out. I tried it in my sixties when widowed myself and it was a very discouraging endeavor. Friends told me I was good looking and young looking, I had job, home, and good manners. After f*****g around with American women, I ended up with prostate cancer which pretty much took me out of the market, although I haven't died in twenty years or so since.

My regret is that i didn't go overseas immediately and find a lady who wanted to be a friend, lover, and wife. Now I am too damn old.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:04 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,404,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreeableone View Post
Your friend should try finding a girlfriend or wife in some other country. From experience, I can tell you that American women, who he might want to take out or marry, are not worth the trouble to seek out. I tried it in my sixties when widowed myself and it was a very discouraging endeavor. Friends told me I was good looking and young looking, I had job, home, and good manners. After f*****g around with American women, I ended up with prostate cancer which pretty much took me out of the market, although I haven't died in twenty years or so since.

My regret is that i didn't go overseas immediately and find a lady who wanted to be a friend, lover, and wife. Now I am too damn old.
Pass me the popcorn....... this thread is getting it's second wind...........

Old 11-03-2015, 01:54 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,894,163 times
My wife and I know quite a few divorced or widowed ladies our age (60s) who seem to have no interest in men whatsoever, and they're not gay. I find it bizarre. I love my wife but if something were to happen to her, I would want a partner.

On the other hand, we know other women the same age who are cougaring around and having a grand time.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:01 AM

8,238 posts, read 6,558,508 times
agreeableone, I think there is some luck involved in finding a partner. Some, like yourself, did not have good luck. Sorry that happened to you!

Old 11-03-2015, 02:04 AM

8,583 posts, read 15,980,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
kelly237,

Earlier today the UK film "The Mother" was available for people subscribing to Kindle Unlimited on Amazon.com. And then earlier than today, it was available for Amazon Prime members because I had it on my Amazon Prime Watchlist in order to watch it a second time.

The Mother (2003) - IMDb

oh, English Dave posted the trailer, not the whole film. I recently found that there are actually whole 90 minute and 2 hour films on youtube.com so that's what I thought he posted.

Maybe you'd like the film called Gloria, made in Chile in 2014, subtitles. I think it has a similar theme. If not, still sounds interesting. It is available for Amazon Prime members right now as I have it on my Amazon Prime Watchlist.
Thanks, just saw your post..
I will go back and look on my Amazon Prime...

( on a totally off topic note- someone just told me to watch Dark Places on Amazon..said it was excellent)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement