Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 01:17 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,562,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
If she wants to be generous that is ok if she is using her money but I don't want her giving my money away so she can feel good about her self. We are trillions in debt. Lets get control over spending and fraud before we give more money away.
Do you not understand that eliminating the CEO tax benefit WILL help to bring more money into the Treasury in taxes in future years???
She is offering this one year bonus check as an incentive to get politicians to vote for the bill--
trying to get THEIR constituents to send them emails and phone calls to support it because they want the checks...
BUT the politicians know that the CEOs will be MORE pissed than the voters will be happy--and I think they fear CEOs more than their voters in what is really a slow election year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 02:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,183,047 times
Warren really went to town shredding up that IRS code.

Instead of just current CEO's and Directors of a corporation she's going after any employee both current and former.
And this would be forever.

So you guys get a one time payment of $580 and the USG gets $51 billion a year in new revenue each year starting in 2015. They are tossing you a one time $40 billion for one single year and they get to keep all the money for the rest of the years.

IMHO you guys are getting the short end of the stick here.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:47 PM

since the people of the US actually benefit if there is 51 billion in new revenue each year not from OUR pockets, then maybe it is not such a short end of the stick...

and I am sure she is asking for lot more than she expects to actually get...if she could get only CEOs and directors I think she would feel pretty good...

Old 11-13-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
since the people of the US actually benefit if there is 51 billion in new revenue each year not from OUR pockets, then maybe it is not such a short end of the stick...

and I am sure she is asking for lot more than she expects to actually get...if she could get only CEOs and directors I think she would feel pretty good...
Bill got filed under her name only. No other sponsors.
IMHO it's just another feel good bill that even she knows will die in committee.

Those politicians are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:48 PM

it was filed under her name but there are supporters -- so others have attached their names
I didn't look to see who they were when I tried to read the sections regarding the CEO and other corporate employees...
could not translate into my form of English and no summary available when I looked

Old 11-13-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
it was filed under her name but there are supporters -- so others have attached their names
I didn't look to see who they were when I tried to read the sections regarding the CEO and other corporate employees...
could not translate into my form of English and no summary available when I looked
True. You have to read what the replacements are in her bill and find that section in the tax code.
Thankfully a link was there that went to the tax code.

qualified employees in the tax code was changed..encompasses anyone working there that gets a big bonus and also includes former employees. And actually "employee" was changed to "individual".

Old 11-13-2015, 05:33 PM

but what does the change mean re how so much money comes in as revenue???
I would like specifics about the implications of the desired changes...

is there a heavier tax burden on that compensation? if so how much heavier?
that BOTH parties have to pay a larger tax on it--the company and the individual?
that compensation like options which now might be reported at lower than market value will be taxed at market value?

sorry to be clueless---

Old 11-13-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
but what does the change mean re how so much money comes in as revenue???
I would like specifics about the implications of the desired changes...

is there a heavier tax burden on that compensation? if so how much heavier?
that BOTH parties have to pay a larger tax on it--the company and the individual?
that compensation like options which now might be reported at lower than market value will be taxed at market value?

sorry to be clueless---
As I posted earlier..you guys get a one time $580 and Uncle Sam gets $50 billion a year every single year.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:44 PM

5,945 posts, read 5,088,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
As I posted earlier..you guys get a one time $580 and Uncle Sam gets $50 billion a year every single year.

NO DISRESPECT TO THIS POSTER OR ANYONE ELSE:

You don't like this?? Getting $580 one time and Uncle Sam getting $50 billion a year annually.

Now, what's your plan to change it?

Old 11-13-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
NO DISRESPECT TO THIS POSTER OR ANYONE ELSE:

You don't like this?? Getting $580 one time and Uncle Sam getting $50 billion a year annually.

Now, what's your plan to change it?
I have no plan to change it. Just commenting that the one time payment is but a drop in the bucket because the bigger win is the annual $50 billion in new revenue that the USG will get every year.

Don't you think if Warren was really altruistic about this then every year seniors would get a bit of this new found pot of gold ?
Especially when she said this bill is for seniors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement