U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 05:54 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,004,474 times

Advertisements

Great thing is that at our age we can feel free to break from expected traditions and "shoulds" if we so choose. There's nothing standing in our way as to how we do things, other than enough money to do it. At any rate there are always alternative choices to what has always been expected of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 07:37 PM

636 posts, read 406,877 times
OMG! I made more new friends at the senior citizen center today. My husband found a chess partner and I might start volunteer teaching beginning belly dancing. We won the bid on the HUD home across the street [ we have to move there for at least a year] today. I had a blast wearing my new cowboy boots and poncho. I baked a new cookie recipe today that I never have baked before and I think it is already one of my families' top 5 Christmas cookies. Our realtor gave us one of h incredible art pieces that she made. We rearranged the living room, which gives me much more room to exercise. I found my favorite 10 pound hand weights and my "Boston Legal" dvd's while looking for more Christmas decorations in the storage shed. I worked on more episodes for my upcoming video blog [ starts in 2016] It was an incredible day that never would have happened if my husband and I were both working.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:46 PM

636 posts, read 406,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I can still remember having sex

OMG! We are having sex more often than we did 15 years ago. Sex actually extends life span! And it helps with insomnia.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:54 PM

718 posts, read 604,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
OMG! We are having sex more often than we did 15 years ago. Sex actually extends life span! And it helps with insomnia.
Well alrighty then!

Old 12-15-2015, 03:37 AM

4,985 posts, read 3,475,327 times
Having trouble sleeping tonight so an awake to share my night-dream. Prior to being laid off at 55, I worked with three reservation communities for 5 years. I know I have mentioned before how they resented working with a white female and how it took a few years for them to accept me.

Well, one of my most treasured gifts is a hand made beaded necklace. In the dream I fell asleep in my car while traveling to wherever it was I was going. I pulled over onto a side street & just konked out. The police were called, I must have looked suspicious, and I did not wake up. They got my car unlocked & the policeman who tried to wake me up was native American. He first noticed the blanket I was wrapped up in, another gift from one of the tribes, & then noticed the necklace.

He inspected my purse & saw the motel I'd registered in & drove me there with his partner following behind us. He got me into the room and waited for me to wake up.

That's when I woke up for real.

It brought warm, fuzzy feelings as I realized that in all reality, if I wore that necklace on the reservation I would be respected and treasured. It's not something that would be sold to tourists and is obviously a gift from the heart.

No matter what happened with my job (lay-off), I know I won the hearts of the tribes I worked with. What a wonderful, wonderful feeling.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:42 AM

8,835 posts, read 7,732,605 times
I'm just glad I'm in Texas for winter, where the sun shines most the time, rather than Wis. where I grew up, as winter is long and cold and dark.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:00 AM

761 posts, read 640,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
This thread is for any topic that makes you happy and you want to share it. Regardless of what it is share it if you want. No reason to be negative to anyone as it is what makes them happy and doesn't involve you. Feel free to post multiple times and to give another poster a positive right on or in my case a Bada Bing!

The beach and ocean make us happy along with our yard gives us great opportunity to enjoy the outdoors.
I am 62, I have a 37 year old girlfriend with a hot tub who loves me and I can still keep it up without a blue pill. I give her aftershocks.
Yeah, things are great right now!

Old 12-15-2015, 06:59 AM

4,493 posts, read 4,754,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotgb View Post
I am 62, I have a 37 year old girlfriend with a hot tub who loves me and I can still keep it up without a blue pill. I give her aftershocks.
Yeah, things are great right now!

Oh, there you go. Charming and what an addition to the thread!!

Old 12-15-2015, 07:27 AM
Status: "Wishing everybody a splendid summer!" (set 21 days ago)

30,154 posts, read 2,548,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
I still enjoy having sex.
Thanks for being the first to bring that into this thread.
It can be a beautiful thing.

Last edited by geebabe; 12-15-2015 at 07:37 AM..

Old 12-15-2015, 07:36 AM
Status: "Wishing everybody a splendid summer!" (set 21 days ago)

30,154 posts, read 2,548,086 times
I am so glad to live in the north almost my whole life!
I am definitely a true northerner!

Last edited by geebabe; 12-15-2015 at 08:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or