U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-18-2015, 04:46 PM
 
3,299 posts, read 1,871,655 times
Reputation: 5467

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Big Bang theory was epic last night including a nice job of working the Star Wars debut in. Will be a BBT classic for multiple reasons.
Will Wheaton had me ROTFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
35,470 posts, read 10,496,499 times
Reputation: 33567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronaria View Post
...

Normally I don't care about going to movies but I admit, I wish I could see this one -- especially because of Harrison Ford. ;-)

...

It's pretty painful to watch that doddering old fool make the rounds to promote this movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2015, 04:57 PM
 
29,775 posts, read 34,860,277 times
Reputation: 11692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Will Wheaton had me ROTFL.
Yeah, that was one of many classic moments last nite. Hey the show was appropriately named BBT especially last nite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2015, 05:02 PM
 
29,775 posts, read 34,860,277 times
Reputation: 11692
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I saw Star Wars in the theater when I was 10. I went with my friend's family. That's all I remember. Did not see the sequels and prequels and don't care to. Let me know when Titanic's 20 year anniversary is here.
Great movie, a classic that people see over and over. Only has one shortcoming and that is it always ends the same. That's the trouble with movies that don't allow for a sequel. Great movie! I remember Siskel and Ebert when they reviewed it. Was a classic fail of a review. One of them said prior to release that it was a very good movie but not one you would want to see again. Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2015, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
21,856 posts, read 14,364,134 times
Reputation: 30722
I took my kids to see the first three Star Wars movies. I wasn't interested in the "prequels" though. But, yes, DH and I will go see this new one, if only to see the original protagonists.

I think we are going to see it on IMAX which should be thrilling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2015, 05:09 PM
 
29,775 posts, read 34,860,277 times
Reputation: 11692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
It's pretty painful to watch that doddering old fool make the rounds to promote this movie.
Star Wars legend Harrison Ford on 38 years as Han Solo and real life adventures as a pilot - Mirror Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2015, 05:13 PM
 
29,775 posts, read 34,860,277 times
Reputation: 11692
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I took my kids to see the first three Star Wars movies. I wasn't interested in the "prequels" though. But, yes, DH and I will go see this new one, if only to see the original protagonists.

I think we are going to see it on IMAX which should be thrilling.
My soon to be three year old grandson is a Star Wars fan and is having a star wars themed birthday party. He wants to be an astronaut and lives near the Air and Space Museum and every night as he gets ready for bed he takes off his clothes and puts on his official museum astronaut suit. His Xmas presents are Star Wars centered. Now how would he get this way? His dad of course is a Star Wars fan and we have three generations of fans and that is cool. His uncle is a Star Wars fan also and his son who is older is a fan. Wow a family tradition. Now if we just had those darn action figures in boxes from back in the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2015, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
35,470 posts, read 10,496,499 times
Reputation: 33567

Lol. Am I supposed to go to that site (which I never access anymore because it's not user-friendly) to learn that he has a pilot's license? I already knew that. Is it that story in which he jokes that now he crashes planes instead of flying them? Or is it the official report concluding that he shouldn't be flying anymore? If he's just recounting his 38 years as Han Solo....Yup. He's old. That's already been established.

Color me unimpressed with this fossil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2015, 05:34 PM
 
Location: ☀️ SWFL ⛱ 🌴
2,429 posts, read 1,666,491 times
Reputation: 8653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol. Am I supposed to go to that site (which I never access anymore because it's not user-friendly) to learn that he has a pilot's license? I already knew that. Is it that story in which he jokes that now he crashes planes instead of flying them? Or is it the official report concluding that he shouldn't be flying anymore? If he's just recounting his 38 years as Han Solo....Yup. He's old. That's already been established.

Color me unimpressed with this fossil.


He'll fit right in, here on the retirement forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2015, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Near a river
16,042 posts, read 18,971,705 times
Reputation: 15649
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
My soon to be three year old grandson is a Star Wars fan and is having a star wars themed birthday party. He wants to be an astronaut and lives near the Air and Space Museum and every night as he gets ready for bed he takes off his clothes and puts on his official museum astronaut suit. His Xmas presents are Star Wars centered. Now how would he get this way? His dad of course is a Star Wars fan and we have three generations of fans and that is cool. His uncle is a Star Wars fan also and his son who is older is a fan. Wow a family tradition. Now if we just had those darn action figures in boxes from back in the day.


I think you'd have to have kids who saw and loved the original Star Wars to understand the juvenile fascination with it. Because my kids loved it and they weren't old enough to see it on their own and we had to take them, we were excited for them. It's not something I'd be dying to see if I didn't have the youth perspective. And it's nice that multi-generations, like yours, can enjoy this fantasy story together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top