U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:32 PM

7,946 posts, read 4,869,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borninsac View Post
Breaking news on point with this topic. Wife made an offer on a Phoenix condo and after a couple back and forth counters, we have a deal. This will be another case of moving to winter home ahead of working spouse.
Wow, congratulations! You guys are getting me psyched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 08:44 PM

6,379 posts, read 4,803,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
There are a whole bunch of reasons we want to move to Arizona. Californians, for one. ........

I enjoyed my time in Arizona back in the mid to late 80's. But it was about as low for culture as anyplace I can imagine. Interest in arts, music was almost entirely absent. The people were nice, I suppose, but the overall level of education was low and interest in intellectual activities was even lower. Maybe things have changed in 30 years.

I wonder about moving to Arizona for the political climate. Plenty of Californians are already there. Also lots of Hispanics who are definitely of a different political leaning than the old white people who are losing control.

Traffic is no joy either. The weekend is especially bad since a big chunk of the population tries to get out of the valley and the heat on the weekends. Consider long visits or renting and make sure you really want to live there before buying a house.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:57 PM

5,828 posts, read 13,361,848 times
We bought a retirement house about 3 hours away. Spouse retired first and we moved everything but a recliner, TV and bed to the retirement house. I drove up on weekends. I retired 5 months later. Worked out great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or