U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 09:33 PM

8 posts, read 6,261 times

Advertisements

Thanks Umbria. I'm not usually much of a ranter or raver, but might unload occasionally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 09:35 PM

8 posts, read 6,261 times
Twelvepaw, Thanks for the encouraging words

Old 01-05-2016, 09:59 PM

6,956 posts, read 7,409,040 times
What's new? I finally got fed up with my DR thinking I (my ins. company) is a money machine for her. Her demanding, ownership, controlling nature is just sick. This Dr needs a good shrink. In her defense I have a feeling that their office mgr is a horrible little man that walks around with the strangest look on his face - really. He looks mad and like any minute he could go bezerk.

Went to a new Dr and what a difference - much more personable & professional. Everything about this place is better.

But - I am S-H-R -I -n -k-i -n-g. Almost 2 inches - I just can't believe it

What else is new???? Went to the grocery store and got a flat tire - a flat tire (now I look like that awful Office Mgr).

Old 01-05-2016, 11:06 PM

6,914 posts, read 7,318,475 times
To be honest I'm hoping this year is a GREAT, QUIET year.
I'm not retired yet but dreaming and literally obsessing about it…with 9 1/2 yrs until 65. (I might retire at 62, but not likely.)

I'm hoping to take some great time off. Not even to go anywhere special. Just time off with family and friends, even if at home.

I will have a decision to make about work. A co-worker has said he plans tho retire this coming December. Ai've been wondering whether I want to put in a bid, and express interest in his position. Not a raise. Just different schedule and duties -- with the pros and cons that would go along with that.

Other than winning the lottery, which I don't' even play….I'm just hoping for all my friends and family to prosper and be safe and healthy.

And also to be honest -- even as I write this I am utterly disappointed and disgusted with myself for regaining weight I'd lost 3 years ago. I'm not eating well, not exercising. and sometimes I just don't care. I've lost weight a few times and know WHAT to do. That's not secret. Sometimes it's just hard to me to DO it. TBH I'd rather watch TV than exercise and I want to eat what I want to eat. That's just not conducive to weight loss. So I AM hoping to turn it around soon. (like this week) Baby steps….

Richard….hoping all is OK with you. Be well, my friend…..

Last edited by selhars; 01-05-2016 at 11:20 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 12:13 AM

448 posts, read 284,322 times
Richard, sending good thoughts your way.

Selhars, might you fool yourself in a good way, since you said you preferred TV to exercise, and get a machine where you can prop an iPad on it while you exercise? That's what I do. I pedal away on my nustep every day while watching downloaded biggest loser episodes. The trainers screech in my ear, all my teammates furiously exercise away, and there I am, right in the middle of it all. By the time I get through the last episode, I've forgotten what happens in earlier seasons, and just start over again. But of course you could watch any downloaded TV show.

I am just hoping for more of the same in 2016. Change might be good, but I don't want it!

Old 01-06-2016, 05:48 AM

4,353 posts, read 6,073,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
You can stay longer!
I can only stand so much of Florida.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:49 AM

4,353 posts, read 6,073,215 times
Richard, here's hoping your self diagnosis is incorrect. Best wishes.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:43 AM

4,700 posts, read 3,268,911 times
richard.wilson: I am truly sorry you are going through this very difficult time.

A month or so ago, I went through something similar in that a chest x-ray showed something which made it necessary for a CT scan of my chest which showed something on my thyroid which made me need a thyroid ultrasound (I had multiple nodules on my thyroid). Then I had an appointment with an endocrinologist. But before my endo appointment, I searched the internet looking for what it could possibly mean. Cancer? I had myself convinced I had cancer. I knew a man whose wife passed away from thyroid cancer. Then I had my endo appointment at which time four biopsies were performed.

No cancer. I had built it up so much in my head that I had cancer, it was almost disappointing to find out I didn't have it. (I know, that sounds kind of weird, doesn't it?)

So I guess I want to tell you..... don't project! Many things that happen to our bodies may SEEM like the dreaded cancer but turn out to be something else.

I pray this is the outcome you have. You have a lot of people praying for you here.

Please let us know how your exam goes.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:52 AM

4,800 posts, read 4,864,124 times
Default Soon!!!!!

What's new for me this year is that I will be joining the ranks of the retired. What does that mean to me exactly? Oh I don't know. I have plans to do the honey do list that I created for myself and what ever else that the boss wants. A trip to TN to see if that will be my next home in April. Do more exercising for certain as well as maybe find a part time gig somewhere for a bit of spending money. I will work on my golf game and see if I can break 90 this year.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:58 AM

5,825 posts, read 13,341,462 times
We live in upstate NY and spend 4 months in FL in the winter in our motorhome. AFA relocating I love living in the NE, with the change in seasons, even the snow. When the time arrives that we can't travel anymore we will be content to stay in the north. We have travelled all over the US and there's no place like home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or