U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 02:22 AM

154 posts, read 88,735 times

Advertisements

My hubby comes to bed and immediately turns the channel to this detective show that runs until 3 am. It has the most annoying song in the beginning (da da da da daah!!!) and drives me nuts!!

Five minutes after turning this channel on, he's asleep. I change the channel and he's awake.

I've tried earplugs but his incessant snoring is loud enough to shake the windows sometimes.

We have a wonderful very nice comfy bed in our spare bedroom and I can't tell you how many times I've slept there; and recently it's become more often than not.

I no longer have that (da da da da daah!!) song in my head day after day; he can snore his head off..and we now have a very peaceful marriage!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 04:30 AM

29,782 posts, read 34,871,258 times
If you make the bed up every day and keep the room neat who can tell? Do you have clothes in his and her rooms? How do they know? We sleep in the same bed but sometimes I take naps upstairs etc but I can figure out how anyone could tell. If one of us is sick and coughing we might sleep part of the night in another bed but again who would know?

Old 01-18-2016, 04:28 PM

11,267 posts, read 8,433,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I have lived alone for many years (which translates into have slept alone for a long time).

The only thing that keeps striking me about this is why in the world do you care what your kids, friends, family members think?

This is your life. Where, how, when you sleep is no one's business but yours. Stop worrying what other people will think. You can never please everyone at the same time.
Thanks. I think I stopped caring about halfway through this thread.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:52 AM

7,339 posts, read 16,646,140 times
Actually, I think it can be simply "human nature" for some to care about what others think. A lot of folks think "if I/we do what society sees as normal, we don't have to worry about being asked about it", in which I can understand. When a person is asked about something, they really don't want to say "that's none of your business". That statement sure isn't the way to keep peace within a family or keep friends. And, sometimes I really wonder if the people who tell others to say that, or react that way, would do it themselves?
The only things wife and I do that sometimes seems to be "out of the norm" to some is, how much times we spend together and that my wife likes NFL, fishing and can shoot a pistol and rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I have lived alone for many years (which translates into have slept alone for a long time).

The only thing that keeps striking me about this is why in the world do you care what your kids, friends, family members think?

This is your life. Where, how, when you sleep is no one's business but yours. Stop worrying what other people will think. You can never please everyone at the same time.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:58 AM

7,339 posts, read 16,646,140 times
My wife had a co-worker who slept in a different bed/bedroom b/c her husband smoked in the Master Bedroom while reading or watching tv.
My SIL and her husband started sleeping in different beds/bedrooms about 10 years ago when their relationship was going downhill more. They don't even live together now. Due to his health, he lives in a Assisted Living place.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:23 AM

6,374 posts, read 3,582,535 times
My husband is a big man. I am a very small woman. He hogs the Queen sized bed until I am on the edge of the bed. Woke up a number of times right before I almost fell on the floor. Put two cats in the bed and it became a very uncomfortable night's sleep. Then there is the issue of SNORING. Two separate rooms and Queen beds solved it. BTW, one cat sleeps with him and the other cat with me. lol Solved that issue too!

Old 01-19-2016, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My husband is a big man. I am a very small woman. He hogs the Queen sized bed until I am on the edge of the bed. Woke up a number of times right before I almost fell on the floor. Put two cats in the bed and it became a very uncomfortable night's sleep. Then there is the issue of SNORING. Two separate rooms and Queen beds solved it. BTW, one cat sleeps with him and the other cat with me. lol Solved that issue too!
I spent a lot of time at the edge of the bed, too. now he really enjoys sprawling.

Old 01-19-2016, 05:22 PM

12,764 posts, read 7,826,042 times
I remember being thin enough to sleep two in a single bed!

Old 01-19-2016, 05:41 PM

13,232 posts, read 6,335,450 times
I've got regular king, not California king, for my husband and I. Double is a bit too tight for both of us, only when we are in Europe do I have to put up with it.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:47 AM

We have queens. I wish we had a King but the room is too small and he's too cheap. I used the title of an old C & W song from the..... 70's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTm6Ka5HBnE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or