Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 06:21 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,112,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Actually, I think it can be simply "human nature" for some to care about what others think. A lot of folks think "if I/we do what society sees as normal, we don't have to worry about being asked about it", in which I can understand. When a person is asked about something, they really don't want to say "that's none of your business". That statement sure isn't the way to keep peace within a family or keep friends. And, sometimes I really wonder if the people who tell others to say that, or react that way, would do it themselves?
The only things wife and I do that sometimes seems to be "out of the norm" to some is, how much times we spend together and that my wife likes NFL, fishing and can shoot a pistol and rifle.

I used to think I had to explain everything to anyone who asked why I did or did not do something. I've gotten past that insecurity. Some things are my business, period.

I am not afraid to say, and have said, that it is none of your business. Some things in life are private and I for one wish to keep it that way.

I owe no one a reason why I do or don't do something if I do not wish to share it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 07:15 PM

8,946 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Well, I do understand how you feel, I think.
I've never had anyone tell me, "It's none of your business" and I've asked some indepth questions to people.
To me, saying that to someone just sounds like an angry personality to me. I'm just saying this in general.....not pointing a finger at anyone.
I have no problem at all explaining myself on what I do or don't do, but that is me. I don't have any insecurities, I just answer the question that is asked me.

QUOTE=NYgal2NC;42711889]I used to think I had to explain everything to anyone who asked why I did or did nothing do something. I've gotten past that insecurity. Some things are my business, period.

I am not afraid to say, and have said, that it is none of your business. Some things in life are private and I for one wish to keep it that way.

I owe no one a reason why I do or don't do something if I do not wish to share it.[/quote]

Old 01-20-2016, 10:24 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Well, my parents slept in twin beds, just like people on tv... My mom said she could have a bed as big as Kauffmann's downtown (home town department store) and my dad would all over it all night...making sleeping for her impossible. I thought that was funny.

Then one night dad had a nightmare and struck out at the wall...the swirled plaster busted up the skin on his knuckles, and bruised up his hand.

I didn't think it was funny anymore. I got it.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:01 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
We have a white noise machine, purchased from Bed Bath & Beyond, and it's been saving our marriage. For less than $20, I can sleep to the sound of crashing waves instead of snores. In the winter months we have the noise machine and a humidifier going. I don't even know he's there.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:07 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
We have a white noise machine, purchased from Bed Bath & Beyond, and it's been saving our marriage. For less than $20, I can sleep to the sound of crashing waves instead of snores. In the winter months we have the noise machine and a humidifier going. I don't even know he's there.
I love those things! I had one once but he complained about it. Now that we're in this house and sleeping separately, I've been thinking of getting another one to mask the noise of his snoring - through the wall! Plus if we had guests that would be a blessing for them.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:30 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Yes, Bamboo pillows. They changed my life.

https://www.bamboomagicpillow.com/?g...FdMYHwodtjYGjQ
I've been wishing I knew of a pillow that would be better than what I have, so after seeing your post I ordered the Bamboo pillows. They have shipped but aren't here yet. Am looking forward to having a good pillow.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I've been wishing I knew of a pillow that would be better than what I have, so after seeing your post I ordered the Bamboo pillows. They have shipped but aren't here yet. Am looking forward to having a good pillow.
I ordered one and it came in! Be sure to read the directions because it's an odd thing that arrived. I got it for my guy and the jury's out. He used it last night. He's still deciding. He has to get used to it. If he doesn't like it I might end up with it. I might get one for me anyway.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:17 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I ordered one and it came in! Be sure to read the directions because it's an odd thing that arrived. I got it for my guy and the jury's out. He used it last night. He's still deciding. He has to get used to it. If he doesn't like it I might end up with it. I might get one for me anyway.
Mine arrived today. One thing they are not and that is soft. They are very firm and that's not what I wanted, so it was all for nothing. I also thought I ordered regular size pillows and these are queen.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Mine arrived today. One thing they are not and that is soft. They are very firm and that's not what I wanted, so it was all for nothing. I also thought I ordered regular size pillows and these are queen.
Totally agree. He didn't like it so I got it. Didn't make it through one nigh. I don't understand why anyone likes the bamboo pillow. I might try it again for a nap but it flattens out and is just so hard! It's not at all like memory foam. Strange. We shall continue our quest for a good night's sleep. Melatonin and NyQuil worked well for me last night.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:07 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Two things I do for my sweetie...

I did get a CPAP machine this year that helps me sleep better but also cuts out the snoring problem.

The second... I do watch TV (ID Channel) to fall asleep but set the TV timer to go off every night at a decent hour.

I like waking up to a nice warm, soft body next to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement