U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 02:58 PM

21,843 posts, read 14,349,419 times

Advertisements

Just a reminder to everyone. Today is February's Senior Savings Day at Walgreens.

Birth Control for Acne Treatment: Types, Benefits, Risks

We are trying to do the shopping that we would normally do at Walgreens mostly on this day every month. We save 20% across the board. You must be 53+ and an AARP member. But I've never been asked about the AARP.

We don't buy things this way that we would not ordinarily buy. But for supplements, first aid, paper goods, makeup, greeting cards, personal hygiene, it is a great way to save money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 05:48 PM

4,655 posts, read 3,237,575 times
^^^^ I shop at Rite Aid for prescriptions and some other things. They have a senior day once a week, I believe it is Wednesday.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:35 PM

14,257 posts, read 23,974,521 times
Do realize that the Walgreen Senior Discount ONLY applies to NON-SALE items. Therefore, you have to really question whether it wouldn't be better to head down to lower-priced stores and make your purchases there.

By the way, you can link your AARP and Walgreen's Rewards cards together so that the discounts are automatic.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:46 PM

21,843 posts, read 14,349,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Do realize that the Walgreen Senior Discount ONLY applies to NON-SALE items. Therefore, you have to really question whether it wouldn't be better to head down to lower-priced stores and make your purchases there.

By the way, you can link your AARP and Walgreen's Rewards cards together so that the discounts are automatic.
We don't shop around, and I detest Walmart. Walgreens handles our prescriptions and so it has become the place we buy certain products. For us, I think this works. It requires no special coupons, and I don't have to wander strange places looking for best deals. I also buy at Winco, which is a cheaper grocer, and if I can I buy things there. But they don't have the selection I find at Walgreens for health and beauty products.

And, we buy certain things at Costco too. That's about the size of my willingness to run around looking for deals. We've added Amazon to our possibilities, but I don't know if I will buy health and beauty things there. Maybe I will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement