U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-15-2016, 01:17 PM
 
12,825 posts, read 20,141,183 times
Reputation: 10910

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
They will always be able to come up with reasons to fire someone. In most cases it is very hard to prove otherwise, and not worth the expense to fight them. That is how they get away with it.

My wife worked in a hospital that had self funded benefits, including medical and disability. After damaging 9 disks in her spine from lifting patients, she inquired about the long term disability plan in the HR department. Shortly after that she received an inspection in her area that found some missing tests that are supposed to be performed on a daily basis. The results of the tests are easily deleted from the computer, so she thinks that is what was done. A little while later she made a bonafide mistake(less severe that another person had made and was still there). Instant termination. Since she made a mistake, she had no recourse. Had no choice but to apply for SS disability, which she got on the first pass.
Social Security and Medicare will crash if Boomers and later, Xers, retire too early. At some point the numbers will be so bad, that the older retirees (remaining Silents and older Boomers) will form a coalition with still employed people to force the issue. Prepare for this and other additional measures. Can't keep kicking the can down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-15-2016, 01:19 PM
 
Location: East Coast
2,903 posts, read 4,582,931 times
Reputation: 4291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

After years of her ragging on my you-know-what and having to listen to how she was better than anyone else, it was quite exciting to hear the handcuffs go click, click, click!

Now she has to work two jobs to handle their finances (he's in jail for three years).
Ahhhhhh...karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2016, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley
3,617 posts, read 1,629,175 times
Reputation: 6138
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Social Security and Medicare will crash if Boomers and later, Xers, retire too early. At some point the numbers will be so bad, that the older retirees (remaining Silents and older Boomers) will form a coalition with still employed people to force the issue. Prepare for this and other additional measures. Can't keep kicking the can down the road.
Hello Can Kicker...I'd like to introduce you to someone very special. Can Kicker, please meet Miss Money Supply. She's very sexy isn't she. Now I know she can seem a bit prudish, but there's a special drink called Existence Charter Martini....get a couple of those in her and she'll make all of your fantasies come true.

I'll warn you that the hangover is quite terrible. You likely won't recall throwing up in literally every American's yard the morning after....but that makes them all the more needy on you now doesn't Mr. Can Kicker...you sexy beast you.

Have fun you two!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2016, 09:06 PM
 
1,734 posts, read 1,949,340 times
Reputation: 3901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post


...

After years of her ragging on my you-know-what and having to listen to how she was better than anyone else, it was quite exciting to hear the handcuffs go click, click, click!

Now she has to work two jobs to handle their finances (he's in jail for three years).
Methinks she will have to work two jobs for quite a while longer. Let's see what he is able to pull off with re-employment after having had three years in the (hopefully) Federal pen.


Hey - sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2016, 05:05 AM
 
761 posts, read 638,294 times
Reputation: 2229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane_sm1th73 View Post
Methinks she will have to work two jobs for quite a while longer. Let's see what he is able to pull off with re-employment after having had three years in the (hopefully) Federal pen.


Hey - sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.
And you got the goose quote correct! lol
Lots of people say what's good for the goose..........well, you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2016, 06:20 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,824,529 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane_sm1th73 View Post
Methinks she will have to work two jobs for quite a while longer. Let's see what he is able to pull off with re-employment after having had three years in the (hopefully) Federal pen.


Hey - sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.
Unfortunately, he'll probably only spend less than a year in prison because he doesn't have any other criminal background and there's some program for first-time offenders convicted of non-violent crimes.

As far as I'm concerned, his wife (my former supervisor) should have been charged also. No doubt she knew what was going on. They took trips to Peru, Cambodia, Italy, and other places with that money.

When I read the part about 'he used the money to pay bills...', I was so angered that I sent the prosecutor all of the postcards she had sent me from her vacations and told him THAT is what they spent the money on (besides paying off there mortgage), NOT 'bills'.

Anyway, I hope he finds it difficult to find a job as a convicted felon. Both of them deserve to pay for a long time.

Highlight of his attorney's plea to the judge, and I quote: "Your Honor, this 56 year old white man should not have to spend time in prison...". Subdued gasps from the audience...


http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...a4PLPJZVNa3sbA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2016, 06:05 AM
 
761 posts, read 638,294 times
Reputation: 2229
So Friday is the big equipment turn in:

1 personal laptop
1 government laptop
1 secure id card
1 headset and carrier bag
1 cell phone and charger
4 charging bricks (2 each for both laptops)
1 government id card with plastic holder
1 door entry card
1 building entry card
1 American Express Corporate Card

Bosstard has 2 employees turning in
equipment. I hope he brings a big box because the other guy has identical hardware.
I'm sure the bosstard will facetiously offer me an obligatory handshake and a "well wish".
I am undecided as to whether or not to shake his hand.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2016, 06:57 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,824,529 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotgb View Post
[/font] I'm sure the bosstard will facetiously offer me an obligatory handshake and a "well wish".
I am undecided as to whether or not to shake his hand.


I wouldn't. It'll just make you feel like a wimp when you think back on it. Some people do not deserve courtesy.

Go with your gut!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2016, 07:17 AM
 
761 posts, read 638,294 times
Reputation: 2229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I wouldn't. It'll just make you feel like a wimp when you think back on it. Some people do not deserve courtesy.

Go with your gut!
Yeah, countless weekend and some weekdays doing after hours initiatives, sole on call person for close to 2 years, and a near perfect attendance record did not account for much. I only took a sick day recently because I figured I would take advantage of it. Never called in sick in 5 years.

Bosstard can kiss my ass if he wants....but no handshake! Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2016, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Close to an earthquake
890 posts, read 677,224 times
Reputation: 2390
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotgb View Post
So Friday is the big equipment turn in:

1 personal laptop
1 government laptop
1 secure id card
1 headset and carrier bag
1 cell phone and charger
4 charging bricks (2 each for both laptops)
1 government id card with plastic holder
1 door entry card
1 building entry card
1 American Express Corporate Card

Bosstard has 2 employees turning in
equipment. I hope he brings a big box because the other guy has identical hardware.
I'm sure the bosstard will facetiously offer me an obligatory handshake and a "well wish".
I am undecided as to whether or not to shake his hand.


Go out with class and tell your bosstard (like that term of yours) to take notes of your classy exit because one day he/she will get their turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top