U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 02:23 PM

4,689 posts, read 3,258,145 times

Advertisements

I have spoken with a representative of Freedom Debt Relief (American Fair Credit Advocate). He said he can help me with my credit card debt under hardship program. I am a skeptic at times and wonder if anyone has heard of this. He said they are FTC and BBB approved and I will look into that. But I would like to know if any of you have had any experience or knowledge of them.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 02:55 PM

39,578 posts, read 47,812,904 times
They seem to have a good reputation and rave reviews.
You can google them and see many sites with info about them. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...om+Debt+Relief

Here's just one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Debt_Relief

Old 02-26-2016, 04:34 AM

3,416 posts, read 5,143,738 times
Please read this article before making any decisions to go forward with this or any other for profit debt relief service. Contact one of the non-profit credit counseling services to learn what's what with this means of dealing with the issue.

Freedom Debt Relief Review - Consumer Reports

Old 02-26-2016, 06:10 AM

241 posts, read 227,114 times
No personal experience but a family member did. The family member could have done the same thing, contacting creditors, as the article points out above.

One has to ask, where are they making thier money.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:15 AM

4,689 posts, read 3,258,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_pine View Post
No personal experience but a family member did. The family member could have done the same thing, contacting creditors, as the article points out above.

One has to ask, where are they making thier money.

They make their money from the people they "help."

After reading all of the posts, I have not made up my mind definitely one way or the other.

I want to contact NY attorney general.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:10 AM

6,312 posts, read 4,757,627 times
I seems that you have done due diligence already. Maybe it is time to act without more delays. As I remember you already tried to work out deals with the creditors and got no where. If this agency can get hardship reductions, consolidate loans at lower rates, then waiting just costs you more. They should be able to work out a definite payment plan and offer before you make any commitment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or