U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2008, 07:16 AM

5,438 posts, read 10,516,021 times

Advertisements

Well it started out well and was original. It seems like they gave you a time out. Thats what great about your retirement you have plenty of time to think of silly things. I thought it was a great idea. I guess the mod. believes in the old fashion way, you have to earn them differently. Speaking of time out, I remember my wife telling my first son in front of my parents go to your room for a timeout. He was being a PITA and wife told him time out. My dad laughed and said to me you remember time out, yes I do it was a smack upside the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 11:37 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,817,519 times
Edited because I just figured out what he was talking about... d'oh!

Last edited by normie; 02-09-2008 at 11:52 AM..

Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,817,519 times
Ah, I just figured out what you were talking about.

No problem Keeper, and I appreciate that you took the time to write me a note. It's fine by me if the mods want to stop people from requesting rep points, I didn't try requesting them this time around anyway. And I can see the moderator's point--while it can be funny to do it for 1-2 people it could become a problem. What's strange is that I don't know how it happened to come up again--that was an old post from more than a month ago.

Anyway, thanks to those who participated--I was happy just to get pushed over 200 and you made me feel special.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:55 PM

5,438 posts, read 10,516,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Ah, I just figured out what you were talking about.

No problem Keeper, and I appreciate that you took the time to write me a note. It's fine by me if the mods want to stop people from requesting rep points, I didn't try requesting them this time around anyway. And I can see the moderator's point--while it can be funny to do it for 1-2 people it could become a problem. What's strange is that I don't know how it happened to come up again--that was an old post from more than a month ago.

Anyway, thanks to those who participated--I was happy just to get pushed over 200 and you made me feel special.
Well Normie, since you are such a swell gal and we had a chuckle at your expense(sorry) I think you deserve a rep on my behalf. LOL Jersey Man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement