U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 02:18 PM

20,419 posts, read 37,767,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I guess this is a dumb question, but if you wrap the paint tray well enough in a plastic bag so it's relatively airtight, couldn't you leave it out at room temp and expect it won't dry out? I have a hard time imagining paint in the refrigerator.
Yes.
I put Saran Wrap over the surface, then slide the whole tray into a 2.5 gallon ziploc bag.
I also wrap the roller in foil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 02:46 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,163,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's how I was when working. Some Saturdays I planned to do things but I would just crash. Hope you get to the end of it soon.
We made an offer on a Condo in Flagstaff where I am working. Daughter is here going to Northern AZ University NAU - she won't have much luck getting a dorm room next year - so if we get this Condo, I will stay up here M-Th and only commute home on Fridays and back to work on Monday a.m. She and I will share the 1 bedroom which is big enough for both a queen and a twin. We asked for a 5/17/16 Closing date - should hear something back by Saturday if they accept or counter. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:12 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,163,250 times
They countered - we accepted it. Woo Hoo.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:10 PM

4,997 posts, read 3,488,092 times
Yay!

Old 04-06-2016, 04:27 AM

4,800 posts, read 4,868,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4kids View Post
They countered - we accepted it. Woo Hoo.
Awesome. Fingers are crossed to have the sale go through.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:51 PM

107 posts, read 72,702 times
OMG I could write a book about this stuff. Since 2008 I don't know how I made it. But I haven't read the whole thread so I can't really chime in. I'm waiting for the plumber. Toilet down, sink down, new hot water heater (just bought one in 2001) kitchen sink down. On and on and on. I get it.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:32 AM

2,903 posts, read 4,594,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It sucks getting old and having no one to help.
Awwww, I feel your pain. You may want to start hanging out in the House forum here on C-D, and post a question when necessary. Some of the posters over there are pretty knowledgeable.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:07 PM

230 posts, read 193,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
And I was a sloppy sloppy painter,dripping paint all over anything within a 10 foot radius of where I was working, including the ladder, the floor, my hair, clothes, my purse and the cockatiel
...and the cockatiel!! I doubled up laughing!! My morning is off to a good start!

Old 04-08-2016, 12:35 PM

25,168 posts, read 24,060,471 times
I'm waiting to find out what color you painted the room MQ.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:42 PM

31,227 posts, read 13,715,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Dear one you are too young to feel this way. My first retirement project at 58 was to do a full restoration on our hall way upstairs. The plaster repair alone took ten days and I had to spend a couple of days up on a scaffold. I painted it including the ceiling and did a period stencil around the parameter.

You need to get to a gym and do some weight training before you're physically the same as a sedentary 80 year old. We roller skate with someone who is 92 and looks like he's in his early 80's.

I'm 59 now and can easily do a 12 mile bike ride. We roller skate, and ice skate every week. We were skiing once a week as well. I went swimming with one of my besties yesterday and did a solid hour of laps. Bike season is around the corner and I'm looking forward to spending at least 6 hours a week riding.

Right now I'm working on a project stripping and staining our fence. My favorite toy is out of the shop, my pressure washer. Let the fun begin

You are not helpless dear one. You've got the power, you just need to find it. Yes I have a husband who helps but he's not allowed to touch my power washer. He's a disaster with it and doesn't understand that it needs a lighter touch. He can be my gopher with this project
I agree! I've completely remodeled two bathrooms. I had never done it before but it was fun, I re-plastered the walls and finished them with a skip trowel technique. I tiled the showers and the floors, put in new sinks and faucet and replaced the toilets. I painted every room in our last house which had 11' ceilings and refinished all the kitchen cabinets, oh yeah and I built a slate facade for our two fireplaces and laid slate in the entry. I'm a 69 year old woman and while my husband is the nicest guy in the world he is just not very handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or