U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 06:36 PM

6,957 posts, read 7,416,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I've done something similar. Trying turn off the TV with my cell phone and stuff like that. Nothing beats what I did the other day though. My daughter came to see me and we had a good visit. Before she left I wrote her a check so she can get some things she needs for her new apartment and...I spelled her name wrong!! lol I can't believe I did that. I named her! Debra. I spelled her name Deborah on the check. She laughed and laughed and wouldn't let write another one. She works in a bank so won't have trouble cashing it. She can't wait to tell her friends how her own mother forgot how to spell her name! I figure she'll start wondering about me getting Dementia or something.

Ha! This is my name so go ahead and write as many checks as you want - just leave the last name to me. BTW - My mother use to do the same thing only reversed - claims she misspelled it for the birth certificate - meant it to be Debra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 06:53 AM

8,633 posts, read 9,724,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Ha! This is my name so go ahead and write as many checks as you want - just leave the last name to me. BTW - My mother use to do the same thing only reversed - claims she misspelled it for the birth certificate - meant it to be Debra.

LOL...Sorry I ran out of checks! I wonder how I could screw up daughter Linda's name. Haven't yet but proved I probably will at some point. lol

Old 04-08-2016, 12:35 PM

22,113 posts, read 14,526,993 times
OK, I had a senior moment this morning at breakfast, but I am slightly sick, if that makes a difference. We had some leftover bakery bread--a real treat for me--and I decided to toast the last 4 slices for me and DH. I made coffee, put the bread in my counter top oven to toast, and then got out a special yogurt I wanted to eat. (Another treat. Since I've been sick, nothing has tasted right, but I thought this morning the yogurt would be wonderful.)

I totally forgot about the toast. Discovered it a couple of hours later in the oven.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:47 PM

2,455 posts, read 2,639,016 times
Oh yes, the kitchen moments. This week I bought a container of pulled pork at Costco which I put in the Crockpot with some barbecue sauce. It was yummy. For a couple of nights in a row I refrigerated the crock and heated it again the next day for dinner. Until last night - when I forgot to put the crock in the fridge. Discovered it sitting on the counter this morning. I don't want to risk eating it but it makes me sad.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:05 PM

14,547 posts, read 17,611,256 times
Both my son and I have had those moments long before seniorhood. He's in his twenties and his wife still complains about how he can set off to get something in another room for her, and then he comes back asking what it was she wanted. I did that as a kid too an still do. Its annoying but its not so much forgetting but having 'things on the mind' which are so much more interesting that it gets filed.

What I do is put the things I use in the wrong place and absolutely do not remember where since I was busy thinking of other things then. It helps having a spot its supposed to get to, but only works if it makes it all the way.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:43 PM

22,113 posts, read 14,526,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
Oh yes, the kitchen moments. This week I bought a container of pulled pork at Costco which I put in the Crockpot with some barbecue sauce. It was yummy. For a couple of nights in a row I refrigerated the crock and heated it again the next day for dinner. Until last night - when I forgot to put the crock in the fridge. Discovered it sitting on the counter this morning. I don't want to risk eating it but it makes me sad.
Well, phooey. I feel your pain.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:34 AM

251 posts, read 143,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
OK, I had a senior moment this morning at breakfast, but I am slightly sick, if that makes a difference. We had some leftover bakery bread--a real treat for me--and I decided to toast the last 4 slices for me and DH. I made coffee, put the bread in my counter top oven to toast, and then got out a special yogurt I wanted to eat. (Another treat. Since I've been sick, nothing has tasted right, but I thought this morning the yogurt would be wonderful.)

I totally forgot about the toast. Discovered it a couple of hours later in the oven.
Oh, Lord, been there, done that! Hope you're feeling better now.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:07 PM

3,747 posts, read 4,234,589 times
Mornings are the pits. I have tried to swallow my dog's heart medicine three times in the past few months. Two of those times I succeeded.

ADHD: My thoughts are someplace else.
"Senior" Moment: I have no thoughts. Nada.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:51 AM

7,902 posts, read 4,836,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
Costco's smoked pulled pork is really good. I like it on pretzel buns.

Since there are only two of us I usually cut the "brick" of pulled pork in half and rewrap one half for later. Because I too have left the dish of sauced pork in the oven or out somewhere overnight. Then I feel ashamed. An animal made the sacrifice so I could be fed. When I'm careless I dishonor that sacrifice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement