U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 07:36 PM

14,018 posts, read 17,723,738 times

Advertisements

Speaking of misplaced hearing aids, an elderly gentleman was having trouble with his left ear one morning so he went to the doctor who found and removed a suppository from the ear. The patient asked to borrow the office phone to call his wife: "Dear, you can stop looking for my hearing aid - I've got a pretty good idea where it is".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 10:10 PM

24,963 posts, read 23,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
My 72-year old Dad misplaced his hearing aids while mowing the yard/doing yard work and we were unable to find them. I got to thinking that this must be more common than we'd like to admit. Has it happened to you or anybody that you know?
Did you find them in the last place you looked?

I used to constantly misplace my glasses. It didn't help that they were frameless. Now, I put them in one of three places when I'm at home. They're either on the table next to the bed, next to the computer keyboard, or on the kitchen window ledge. Only illness or injury stop me from following that pattern.

My mother never misplaced her hearing aids because she wore them most of the time and always had them near her. She did lose her glasses once in a while, but only when I was visiting. I had disrupted her daily routine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement