U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 05:48 PM

172 posts, read 139,913 times

Advertisements

Seriously, OP, how could you have gone on a cruise and returned already? You started this on Sunday late afternoon and by Wednesday morning you came back here saying you went on a cruise and came back and everything's so much better now.

Meanwhile, so many nice people here spent all kinds of time trying to help you out of this depression you seemingly were suffering from while you barely responded.

Call me skeptical, but, well, I'm skeptical

Old 10-07-2016, 02:35 AM

970 posts, read 602,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Nightengale: Tried to rep you for that wonderful story. Thank you so much. Enjoyed it tremendously !
Glad you enjoyed my story

PS
I could not respond back to Bella who IM'd me asking if I saved the "cupid window" and the answer is no. I did keep that station wagon for 9 years and got rid of it when my last golden retriever passed away.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:47 AM

6,306 posts, read 5,042,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaTea View Post
Seriously, OP, how could you have gone on a cruise and returned already? You started this on Sunday late afternoon and by Wednesday morning you came back here saying you went on a cruise and came back and everything's so much better now.

Meanwhile, so many nice people here spent all kinds of time trying to help you out of this depression you seemingly were suffering from while you barely responded.

Maybe it was one of those gambling cruises? They take you out just far enough so that it makes it legal. They might stay out one or two nights.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:48 AM

Found lots of 2 day cruise excursions to the Bahamas from Miami.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Found lots of 2 day cruise excursions to the Bahamas from Miami.
I'm sure she hopped on a cruise ship whilst Hurricane Matthew was headed towards the Bahamas.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:57 AM

Also, I found this post of hers from August....

"I love this thread. I didn't think I had anything to contribute until i read about the cabana boy. Oh My God. I had a cabana boy. It was the most wonderful thing."

So, she's apparently a bit less sad than she claims....and a bit more outgoing, shall we say, as well....

Old 10-07-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Also, I found this post of hers from August....

"I love this thread. I didn't think I had anything to contribute until i read about the cabana boy. Oh My God. I had a cabana boy. It was the most wonderful thing."

So, she's apparently a bit less sad than she claims....and a bit more outgoing, shall we say, as well....
Maybe she was just having a bad week? Feeling lonely and unwanted?

Old 10-07-2016, 10:22 AM

5,767 posts, read 4,822,990 times
As for seniors having success with online dating, I will tell you of the only two seniors I know that tried it. My brother, a great 62 year old guy (but I'm biased a little) dated a couple women he met online after he was divorced from a marriage of over 25 years. I believe he went through OurTime.com . The second lady he went out with had so much in common with him. They dated for 5 or 6 months and he proposed and she accepted. 6 months later they were married. They have successfully rehabbed 2 homes together and when they sold the second one, they embarked on construction of their retirement dream home. They are just finishing it up and they are both retired now.

My second retired friend and close neighbor (69) went through a nasty breakup with her man of 10 years. She was very bitter about wasting 10 years on a man who lied to her repeatedly. After a few months, she started dating online. She went out with a few losers, but around the 3rd or 4th guy she met she sort of liked. They went out and did some different things like jazz clubs, wine tasting, etc. After 4 months they were engaged and about 8 months later were married.

So I only know 2 retired people that tried online dating and they both found late in life partners that have made their lives complete again. It's not that rare apparently.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:43 AM

1,983 posts, read 2,631,742 times
Not to turn this into a thread about online dating for seniors, but ...

The study cited by matisse above found that only a small percentage of senior marriages are the result of online dating.

However, I would venture to say that many more seniors find happy relationships online but are not interested in marriage.

I'm one of them. I've been doing a bit of online dating since my husband passed almost three years ago, and I'm currently seeing someone who -- like me -- is not interested in getting married again at our age. But we are having a wonderful time together.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:31 PM

3,340 posts, read 3,042,920 times
Quote:

Lots of short cruises out of the West Coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or