U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-07-2016, 01:46 PM
 
5,432 posts, read 3,462,764 times
Reputation: 13714

Advertisements

I'm thinking maybe the OP in her comeback post in this thread could possibly be talking about a cruise of which CuppaTea found her post in August which stated that she "had a cabana boy and it was a wonderful thing". So maybe in her comeback post in this thread she was responding to the people who had suggested she take a cruise (in this thread) by coming back and mentioning she had taken a cruise and had met wonderful people.

(only works if the cabana boy was 'had' on a cruise or during one of the stops)

Also she said, in this thread, that she had just come back from a cruise - she could maybe be talking about a cruise she took in recent weeks or months.

Last edited by matisse12; 10-07-2016 at 02:33 PM..

 
Old 10-07-2016, 02:14 PM
 
172 posts, read 140,501 times
Reputation: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I'm thinking maybe the OP in her comeback post in this thread could possibly be talking about a cruise of which CuppaTea found her post in August which stated that she "had a cabana boy and it was a wonderful thing". So maybe in her comeback post in this thread she was responding to the people who had suggested she take a cruise (in this thread) by coming back and mentioning she had taken a cruise and had met wonderful people.

(only works if the cabana boy was 'had' on a cruise or during one of the stops)
Um, no. She said here that she had just come back.

Since my initial feeling of skepticism, I've read her posts. Here are some highlights:

-She sold her rural home and left her dogs behind giving them to the new owners. (Who does that?)

- She went somewhere awhile ago, perhaps after her husband died (let's hope) and "had" and a cabana boy" and really enjoyed the experience.

- She thinks people who refer one level homes without stairs to climb or whiny babies (She would rather p__s (her choice of word,not mine) herself if she couldn't climb to a second floor bathroom)

- She made some very crude sexual comments that were removed from another thread.

- She loves the republican nominee for President of the United States.

We can also see that she has disappeared from this thread.

Once again, I find it hard to believe that she felt soooo awful and came on here to get advice, then POOF, the next thing you know she's off on a cruise, all better and back with renewed hope for a better future. Puh-leeze......
 
Old 10-07-2016, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Central NY
4,691 posts, read 3,261,742 times
Reputation: 12031
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaTea View Post
Um, no. She said here that she had just come back.

Since my initial feeling of skepticism, I've read her posts. Here are some highlights:

-She sold her rural home and left her dogs behind giving them to the new owners. (Who does that?)

- She went somewhere awhile ago, perhaps after her husband died (let's hope) and "had" and a cabana boy" and really enjoyed the experience.

- She thinks people who refer one level homes without stairs to climb or whiny babies (She would rather p__s (her choice of word,not mine) herself if she couldn't climb to a second floor bathroom)

- She made some very crude sexual comments that were removed from another thread.

- She loves the republican nominee for President of the United States.

We can also see that she has disappeared from this thread.

Once again, I find it hard to believe that she felt soooo awful and came on here to get advice, then POOF, the next thing you know she's off on a cruise, all better and back with renewed hope for a better future. Puh-leeze......

OK, I have a couple of questions for CuppaTea.

Are you the moderator for this thread?
Are you the morals police?
Is whatever the OP wants to do and decides to share with us worthy of all the criticism you are dealing out?

The people who are reading this thread are not (to my knowledge, anyway) keeping track of the OPs "sins". Why did you take the job?

Since you seem more than willing to pass judgement on the OP, then you must be willing to receive some criticism, right?? Tit for tat??

A suggestion for you: please get a life as the rest of us have lives and don't care what someone else thinks of them.
 
Old 10-07-2016, 03:16 PM
 
172 posts, read 140,501 times
Reputation: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
OK, I have a couple of questions for CuppaTea.

Are you the moderator for this thread?
Are you the morals police?
Is whatever the OP wants to do and decides to share with us worthy of all the criticism you are dealing out?

The people who are reading this thread are not (to my knowledge, anyway) keeping track of the OPs "sins". Why did you take the job?

Since you seem more than willing to pass judgement on the OP, then you must be willing to receive some criticism, right?? Tit for tat??

A suggestion for you: please get a life as the rest of us have lives and don't care what someone else thinks of them.

You've really hurt my feelings

 
Old 10-07-2016, 03:27 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,419 posts, read 37,715,555 times
Reputation: 39059
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
OK, I have a couple of questions for CuppaTea.

Are you the moderator for this thread?
Are you the morals police?
Is whatever the OP wants to do and decides to share with us worthy of all the criticism you are dealing out?

The people who are reading this thread are not (to my knowledge, anyway) keeping track of the OPs "sins". Why did you take the job?

Since you seem more than willing to pass judgement on the OP, then you must be willing to receive some criticism, right?? Tit for tat??

A suggestion for you: please get a life as the rest of us have lives and don't care what someone else thinks of them.

What??
This is a message board; anyone gets to post their opinions, within the parameters of the website.

You are not a moderator either, and I do not believe you are the morals police.
If you have an issue with any poster, report them. And let the people who actually are in charge deal with any real violations.
 
Old 10-07-2016, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Central NY
4,691 posts, read 3,261,742 times
Reputation: 12031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
What??
This is a message board; anyone gets to post their opinions, within the parameters of the website.

You are not a moderator either, and I do not believe you are the morals police.
If you have an issue with any poster, report them. And let the people who actually are in charge deal with any real violations.

Oh wait, didn't you just say this is a MESSAGE BOARD????? And now you are criticizing my MESSAGE??

Why, shame on you.
 
Old 10-07-2016, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Central NY
4,691 posts, read 3,261,742 times
Reputation: 12031
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppaTea View Post
You've really hurt my feelings


Oh, so sorry.
 
Old 10-07-2016, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,521 posts, read 20,927,423 times
Reputation: 13858
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Oh, so sorry.
Reer!


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsvm5dZ3ua0
 
Old 10-07-2016, 06:30 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,419 posts, read 37,715,555 times
Reputation: 39059
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
Oh wait, didn't you just say this is a MESSAGE BOARD????? And now you are criticizing my MESSAGE??

Why, shame on you.
Glad you caught the irony of it all!
 
Old 10-08-2016, 12:03 AM
 
26,064 posts, read 33,064,041 times
Reputation: 32330
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatareyou View Post
Thank you. I think that you are right. I want someone to spend time with and i appreciate that you say that there is nothing wrong with that.
Why didn't you just say that in the OP? Sheesh. Why would you think there was anything wrong with wanting someone to be with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top