U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2016, 06:27 AM
 
4,343 posts, read 6,057,486 times
Reputation: 10428

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiefrias View Post
And, yes, this is my first post to it.
I never sat around and watched life pass me by.
And I don't do it now.
I'm not retired by choice because I become bored
too easily.
I've always lived a healthy life style, never cheat
myself, (Meaning I eat bad-for-me foods when my body
begs me to.) and never look back.
I'm hoping there are many here who feel this way as well.
I was a real estate broker/developer and mortgage banker
for more than 35 years before I tired of it and gave it all up
nearly a year ago to return to the insurance arena.
Don't get me wrong, insurance bores the crap out of me.
What it DOES, makes me sit up and take notice. But again,
getting others to see it from my POV is the trick.
Where some see rainbows, others see black clouds.
Blah, blah, blah I know.
As my first post I simply wanted to introduce myself, and
say hello.
Moving forward, I will be posting stuff that makes you go,
"Hmmmm."
Like the hundreds of self-created memes on my Pinterest page.
Feel free to look at some of them...who knows, maybe one of them
will make your day a little brighter.
Cheers!
Is this a poem? Nothing rhymes. Strange format.

 
Old 10-04-2016, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Location: Location
6,350 posts, read 7,828,270 times
Reputation: 18574
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiefrias View Post
And, yes, this is my first post to it.
I never sat around and watched life pass me by.
And I don't do it now.
I'm not retired by choice because I become bored
too easily.
I've always lived a healthy life style, never cheat
myself, (Meaning I eat bad-for-me foods when my body
begs me to.) and never look back.
I'm hoping there are many here who feel this way as well.
I was a real estate broker/developer and mortgage banker
for more than 35 years before I tired of it and gave it all up
nearly a year ago to return to the insurance arena.
Don't get me wrong, insurance bores the crap out of me.
What it DOES, makes me sit up and take notice. But again,
getting others to see it from my POV is the trick.
Where some see rainbows, others see black clouds.
Blah, blah, blah I know.
As my first post I simply wanted to introduce myself, and
say hello.
Moving forward, I will be posting stuff that makes you go,
"Hmmmm."
Like the hundreds of self-created memes on my Pinterest page.
Feel free to look at some of them...who knows, maybe one of them
will make your day a little brighter.
Cheers!

Actually Louie, it isn't your first post. You previously posted in the thread "MORE reasons to save for retirement". Post #56, the tenor of which sounds like you are prepared to offer advice to retirees or about-to-be-retirees. Would that be for a fee?
 
Old 10-04-2016, 10:47 AM
ogg
 
19 posts, read 14,133 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Actually Louie, it isn't your first post. You previously posted in the thread "MORE reasons to save for retirement". Post #56, the tenor of which sounds like you are prepared to offer advice to retirees or about-to-be-retirees. Would that be for a fee?

And post #56 sounded a bit pretentious...jus sayin
 
Old 10-04-2016, 12:30 PM
 
3,373 posts, read 3,784,658 times
Reputation: 4189
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I would have thought that with your psychic abilities you'd be able to pinpoint it a little better than that.
This seriously made me LOL. I tried to rep you, but can't. So...here it is in public!
 
Old 10-04-2016, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
10,515 posts, read 8,762,464 times
Reputation: 12193
Boring people lead boring lives.
 
Old 10-04-2016, 01:28 PM
 
2,520 posts, read 5,361,051 times
Reputation: 3502
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfingduo View Post

LOL already picking on the new guy?
Not picking on him. I'm just pointing out that his reason for posting was to promote his retirement business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Actually Louie, it isn't your first post. You previously posted in the thread "MORE reasons to save for retirement". Post #56, the tenor of which sounds like you are prepared to offer advice to retirees or about-to-be-retirees. Would that be for a fee?
Exactly!
 
Old 10-05-2016, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3 posts, read 3,093 times
Reputation: 15
Um. Yup. That about sums it up.


It's a lifestyle choice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
So, you decided to join City-Data, and out of all the forums here, you decided to post in the Retirement Forum in order to tell all the retirees here that you consider retirement to be boring and analogous to sitting around watching life pass you by.

Gotcha.
 
Old 10-05-2016, 12:09 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,419 posts, read 37,649,557 times
Reputation: 39054
Unreal.
Not to mention rude and offensive to everyone here.
 
Old 10-05-2016, 01:39 PM
 
71,556 posts, read 71,730,589 times
Reputation: 49156
he has spammed every thread he could find pertaining to investing or retirement planning with his real estate crap.

just look at his threads via his screen name
 
Old 10-05-2016, 01:42 PM
 
3,509 posts, read 5,175,395 times
Reputation: 6530
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
he has spammed every thread he could find pertaining to investing or retirement planning with his real estate crap.

just look at his threads via his screen name
Has anyone reported him? Advertising, no matter how subtle, is against TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top