U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2016, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3 posts, read 3,091 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

And, yes, this is my first post to it.
I never sat around and watched life pass me by.
And I don't do it now.
I'm not retired by choice because I become bored
too easily.
I've always lived a healthy life style, never cheat
myself, (Meaning I eat bad-for-me foods when my body
begs me to.) and never look back.
I'm hoping there are many here who feel this way as well.
I was a real estate broker/developer and mortgage banker
for more than 35 years before I tired of it and gave it all up
nearly a year ago to return to the insurance arena.
Don't get me wrong, insurance bores the crap out of me.
What it DOES, makes me sit up and take notice. But again,
getting others to see it from my POV is the trick.
Where some see rainbows, others see black clouds.
Blah, blah, blah I know.
As my first post I simply wanted to introduce myself, and
say hello.
Moving forward, I will be posting stuff that makes you go,
"Hmmmm."
Like the hundreds of self-created memes on my Pinterest page.
Feel free to look at some of them...who knows, maybe one of them
will make your day a little brighter.
Cheers!

 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:16 PM
 
8,188 posts, read 11,905,691 times
Reputation: 17958
So, you decided to join City-Data, and out of all the forums here, you decided to post in the Retirement Forum in order to tell all the retirees here that you consider retirement to be boring and analogous to sitting around watching life pass you by.

Gotcha.
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:19 PM
 
5,392 posts, read 6,530,997 times
Reputation: 10465
So far no Hmmm
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:19 PM
 
3,506 posts, read 5,173,029 times
Reputation: 6525
Well, isn't that special!
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:21 PM
 
Location: NYC
1,869 posts, read 930,044 times
Reputation: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiefrias View Post
And, yes, this is my first post to it.
I never sat around and watched life pass me by.
And I don't do it now.
I'm not retired by choice because I become bored
too easily.
I've always lived a healthy life style, never cheat
myself, (Meaning I eat bad-for-me foods when my body
begs me to.) and never look back.
I'm hoping there are many here who feel this way as well.
I was a real estate broker/developer and mortgage banker
for more than 35 years before I tired of it and gave it all up
nearly a year ago to return to the insurance arena.
Don't get me wrong, insurance bores the crap out of me.
What it DOES, makes me sit up and take notice. But again,
getting others to see it from my POV is the trick.
Where some see rainbows, others see black clouds.
Blah, blah, blah I know.
As my first post I simply wanted to introduce myself, and
say hello.
Moving forward, I will be posting stuff that makes you go,
"Hmmmm."
Like the hundreds of self-created memes on my Pinterest page.
Feel free to look at some of them...who knows, maybe one of them
will make your day a little brighter.
Cheers!
Hi, louiefrias, welcome to the forum, and Nice Pic (ture) !

And....don't mind the Grumpies....lots of nice people here, tooo.:-D)).
 
Old 10-03-2016, 01:46 PM
 
575 posts, read 637,588 times
Reputation: 1725
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiefrias View Post
And, yes, this is my first post to it.
I never sat around and watched life pass me by.
And I don't do it now.
I'm not retired by choice because I become bored
too easily.
I've always lived a healthy life style, never cheat
myself, (Meaning I eat bad-for-me foods when my body
begs me to.) and never look back.
I'm hoping there are many here who feel this way as well.
I was a real estate broker/developer and mortgage banker
for more than 35 years before I tired of it and gave it all up
nearly a year ago to return to the insurance arena.
Don't get me wrong, insurance bores the crap out of me.
What it DOES, makes me sit up and take notice. But again,
getting others to see it from my POV is the trick.
Where some see rainbows, others see black clouds.
Blah, blah, blah I know.
As my first post I simply wanted to introduce myself, and
say hello.
Moving forward, I will be posting stuff that makes you go,
"Hmmmm."
Like the hundreds of self-created memes on my Pinterest page.
Feel free to look at some of them...who knows, maybe one of them
will make your day a little brighter.
Cheers!
Well, I really don't understand the reason for your post. Is this a thinly disguised effort to solicit clients for your insurance gig? Or, perhaps, to promote your 'self-created memes' on Pinterest? Either way, you're not retired, you get bored easily and probably won't have much in common with those of us who have transitioned to another stage of life. Why not focus your energies on one of the other hundreds of forums on here?
 
Old 10-03-2016, 02:14 PM
 
10,812 posts, read 8,058,272 times
Reputation: 17010
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiefrias View Post
Moving forward, I will be posting stuff that makes you go,
"Hmmmm."
Like the hundreds of self-created memes on my Pinterest page.
Before posting them on C-D, be sure both the photos and the words are legally yours. Posting copyrighted images is a TOS violation. That's why C-D is almost meme-free.
 
Old 10-03-2016, 02:17 PM
 
Location: NYC
1,869 posts, read 930,044 times
Reputation: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
Well, I really don't understand the reason for your post. Is this a thinly disguised effort to solicit clients for your insurance gig? Or, perhaps, to promote your 'self-created memes' on Pinterest? Either way, you're not retired, you get bored easily and probably won't have much in common with those of us who have transitioned to another stage of life. Why not focus your energies on one of the other hundreds of forums on here?
No, he just wanted to introduce himself to the CD members!
 
Old 10-03-2016, 02:25 PM
 
2,520 posts, read 5,358,982 times
Reputation: 3502
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
No, he just wanted to introduce himself to the CD members!
And promote his business. I thought that was a violation of CD's terms.
 
Old 10-03-2016, 02:48 PM
 
3,506 posts, read 5,173,029 times
Reputation: 6525
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiefrias View Post
And, yes, this is my first post to it.
I never sat around and watched life pass me by.
And I don't do it now.
I'm not retired by choice because I become bored
too easily.
I've always lived a healthy life style, never cheat
myself, (Meaning I eat bad-for-me foods when my body
begs me to.) and never look back.
I'm hoping there are many here who feel this way as well.
I was a real estate broker/developer and mortgage banker
for more than 35 years before I tired of it and gave it all up
nearly a year ago to return to the insurance arena.
Don't get me wrong, insurance bores the crap out of me.
What it DOES, makes me sit up and take notice. But again,
getting others to see it from my POV is the trick.
Where some see rainbows, others see black clouds.
Blah, blah, blah I know.
As my first post I simply wanted to introduce myself, and
say hello.
Moving forward, I will be posting stuff that makes you go,
"Hmmmm."
Like the hundreds of self-created memes on my Pinterest page.
Feel free to look at some of them...who knows, maybe one of them
will make your day a little brighter.
Cheers!
Then why does your profile show you to be a real estate agent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top