U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 07:01 PM

13,200 posts, read 6,308,074 times

Advertisements

I think you need to forgive your husband, so you can forgive yourself. He probably was sick mentally. Terrible thing he did to you. Maybe you should get some help, like counseling.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 07:47 PM

3,957 posts, read 2,028,343 times
Rosemary, I'm so sorry for what your husband put you through - it was unconscionable. I was also widowed at age 57, but my husband died of cancer, so that is, of course, a totally different situation. You were always a role model for me on oldhouseweb (I have a different user name there) and on the subsequent site. I was so impressed with your restoration of your old Colonial and then totally envious when you bought your mid-century waterfront home. I'm sorry that it has become a place of pain for you. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'm only 3 hours away off Rte. 17 - I made the trip to Norfolk many a time for the Navy. You are a wonderful person and deserve all the best life can offer you - not pain. Please feel free to PM me.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:28 PM

15,149 posts, read 19,745,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
after reading about your mental state ( dealing with your husband's suicide) how in the world can you even consider a QDP ?

My God, this woman's husband killed himself nine months ago. Please try to have some decency if you cant have any empathy for her,

Old 01-29-2017, 07:06 AM

36,484 posts, read 43,738,878 times
I agree. He obviously hasn't read the entire thread. It really bothers me when people make comments without full knowledge of at least what the OP said. I think some people simply read the first post and then jump to give their comments.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:12 AM

21,699 posts, read 23,651,778 times
Was your attorney one who specializes in Family Law? They specialize in QDP. You might find help with one if yours didn't.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:16 AM

13,200 posts, read 6,308,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I agree. He obviously hasn't read the entire thread. It really bothers me when people make comments without full knowledge of at least what the OP said. I think some people simply read the first post and then jump to give their comments.
I think you have made some assumptions there. I've read the whole thread but only response to the last post. Please sign your name when you leave a comment. It's considered rude too.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:32 PM

4,315 posts, read 2,517,376 times
[quote=no kudzu;46998156]I agree. He obviously hasn't read the entire thread. It really bothers me when people make comments without full knowledge of at least what the OP said. I think some people simply read the first post and then jump to give their comments.[/quote

I have read every single post from day 1 !

It appears the OP is so deeply involved in the sorrow of missing her husband and his suicide that have a QDP is certainly not doing her any good whatsoever.

Once the grieving has lessoned maybe, but the QDP she now has doesn't seem to be doing her mental state any good.

He/she ( QDP ) must be an angel for dealing with it this soon after her husband's suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement