U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 05:49 PM

3,745 posts, read 4,218,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Thanks, not sure how I missed this page. It does address the issue of state regulation when insurance is sold over state lines:
Funny, I had no problem finding it a week ago. But for some reason , it apparently was moved. SMH

Old 12-01-2016, 06:13 PM

3,745 posts, read 4,218,356 times
It would be nice if Trump or his team would address these "rumors" that have been front page news for over a week. What's up with that?

Personally, I'm more concerned that yet another former Goldman banker will be Secretary of the Treasury. I'm not sure I can tolerate another cycle of boom/crash/bank bailouts.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:47 PM

8,872 posts, read 13,554,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
It would be nice if Trump or his team would address these "rumors" that have been front page news for over a week. What's up with that? ...
He's busy planning his victory rallies.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:22 PM

29,782 posts, read 34,871,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
The government is supposed to serve "the people", that is why they are called "public servants". Sadly money talks and laws are skewed towards corporate interests presently.
Citizens United established that corporations are people who deserve representation. As a shareholder wouldn't you agree that you and other shareholders have shared rights to be represented?

Old 12-01-2016, 09:39 PM

23,581 posts, read 17,574,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Citizens United established that corporations are people who deserve representation. As a shareholder wouldn't you agree that you and other shareholders have shared rights to be represented?
How many common people on the street agree with this? Very, very few. I'm not sure whether Trump does or not, but he talked a good game on it. So did Sanders.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:58 PM

30,108 posts, read 47,344,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowdweller View Post
Talk about fear mongering! The guy isn't even in office yet and the Prognosticators are already prophesying doom and gloom. Talk about sore losers! Get a grip, Dems, you have LOST huge swathes of the country because you've been so busy shoving your social agenda down voters' throats that they've abandoned you. You haven't done a THING for rural Democrats who were FAITHFUL with their votes. Like Hispanics and African Americans you have taken them for granted. The voter has spoken. They've decided to give Trump a chance. The country is BANKRUPT and millions of Democrats have joined with Independents and Republicans to try something else. We need a return to sound money principles. We can't continue to earn NOTHING on our retirement savings. Give it a rest.
This country is NOT bankrupt...
But if Trump is allowed to run up deficits trying to build up,the military and create mass infrastructure projects w/o adequate and meaningful tax levies to,offset spending you will see a huge growth in the deficit and the prospect of a truly dark recession...

Trump will give you a bankrupt America if he and his cronies actually create the tax "relief" he promises...

Old 12-01-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
How many common people on the street agree with this? Very, very few. I'm not sure whether Trump does or not, but he talked a good game on it. So did Sanders.
Trump doesn't care about Citizens Inited except as a donors' list for the Inauguration events...

Old 12-01-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Funny, I had no problem finding it a week ago. But for some reason , it apparently was moved. SMH
Just another reason that company is moving a mirror site to Canada...

Old 12-02-2016, 07:02 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,136,795 times
Quote:

Personally, I'm more concerned that yet another former Goldman banker will be Secretary of the Treasury. I'm not sure I can tolerate another cycle of boom/crash/bank bailouts.
I believe that within just a few years we will see another crash, one that will lead to the depression of the 1930's being renamed the First Great Depression, just as the first world war was called the Great War until the second world war happened.

I also would not be surprised to see another great pandemic with a very high mortality rate which significantly reduces the global population, just the way the Plague of the Middle Ages decimated the population of Europe which ultimately led to a dearth of people to work the land and so landholders had to start paying wages above a level of serfdom and the merchant classes arose.

History does tend to repeat itself.

I am glad to be 67, not 27 and very, very glad that I chose not to have children.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:30 AM

16,042 posts, read 18,978,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
Obama tried to cut Social Security. Pelosi was on board.
I must have missed that. When and how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or