Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 08:19 PM

2,245 posts, read 3,009,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarlin20 View Post
I see the bigger question did he file legal tax returns? If so, why fault him for using the tax code.

Also a return showing no taxable income doesn't mean he paid no taxes that year.
Every successful business person games the tax code. Why wouldn't they?

Old 11-10-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Stop whistling in the cemetery. Changes don't get grandfathered in over 20 years anymore...they come in 6 months with no publicity.

And we should stop fooling ourselves that they "listen to the old folks because they vote". Nobody remembers ANYTHING for 6 months, much less the years to vote somebody out. You remember until the next sound bite. Think the press will ferret it out? Hahah - no more 60 Minutes around - it's all entertainment for the masses with no substance beyond clickbait.
When was the last SS reform that was implemented across the age spectrum in 6 months?

Old 11-10-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
So you don't think we should have a Social Security program at all?
He's probably made a lot of money in his lifetime, and knows how to invest. He thinks everyone should have done the same. If they haven't, tough luck, go live under a bridge and eat cat food.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth. First he was going to prosecute "crooked" Hillary, now he praises her. You can't believe a word he says. His huge ego is about himself 1st and he'll try to take advantage of his position to make behind the scenes deals to make himself richer. I heard today that he already has ordered a jeweled crown to be worn at his inauguration. He plans to be "King of the World".
Trump's a showman, but deep inside he knows the responsibility he's undertaking.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I wonder how many people realize just how mentally wacked he is. You are right - while he commands others to do various tasks he's going to be raiding the coffers and scheming to get himself and his family set - taxes protected etc... We are going to be paying for his lavish lifestyle - nothing but the best for him and his family.

What the he++ was wrong with people.
He's probably more "set" than any President that has ever taken office.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:36 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS2753 View Post
He's probably more "set" than any President that has ever taken office.
It's never enough~~~~~

Old 11-10-2016, 08:49 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,800 times
Forbes Welcome

The Republican SS plan

Old 11-10-2016, 09:00 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I have an ACA policy I never got anything out of, but then I didn't have to pay anything out. I'll let it roll over since in six months I'll be 65. In the meanwhile, the supplies I get myself don't get near the cut off to meet the copayment. But if something really bad happened, its there.

I did this because I live in a state which in all its concervative wisdom, did not accept the federal assist with medicaid. My income is a smigion over a 1k a month, and it was too high to qualify. Fortunately family helps with supplies I must have.

I've had pre existing conditions for years, and even if its been under complete control for years, you can't get regular insurence.

My son wants me to move closer and I'm really thinking of it. He wants things to be okay. I am greatful I have family.

I know that Trump is acting all formal and all, but I think the people protesting in the street are the ones who really understand. The rest of the people are just trying to believe it will be okay.
I have an ACA policy, too, so I know what you're talking about. I think you are an example of one of those "who has insurance now," but you can't really use it much, if at all, because of the high deductible.

I had a high deductible, too. This year was the first year I got a lower deductible. But my problem was that it took me a couple of months to find a doctor who would take it. Then when I did, I moved before I could make an appt. Changing the ACA policy to the new location was a nightmare.

Upshot is: I've only used the ACA policy once this year at one of those primacare centers for emergency treatment of a dog bite. That's it.

I'm glad you will soon have Medicare. I have a way to go, so I'll be glad when Obamacare is repealed, if it's done, so I can get a policy tailored for my needs and at more reasonable cost. I supported the ACA, but it turned out to be horrible for me. It has serious problems. (Don't get me wrong...I didn't support Trump, even though I agreed with some of his policies. I objected to the type of person he is.)

Old 11-10-2016, 09:21 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,198,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Trump goes for single payer.
And how might he "go for" that? He can't just declare it via executive order. Congress has to agree, and a Republican House and Senate would never accept that.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:28 PM

10,065 posts, read 7,237,863 times
Trump has praised the UK health system. I put nothing past the man. Today he talked about how honored he was to be conferencing with President Obama and how he valued Obama's counsel. WTF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement