U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 04:27 PM

13,213 posts, read 6,313,926 times

Advertisements

I hate kale, I don’t believe it’s that healthy honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 04:42 PM

8,191 posts, read 11,905,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
If you are retired or fast approaching that point in life, it would not be unusual at all that you may be on some medications to help you along for one or more health conditions. What medications are you on that you consider to be life-saving that you will probably be on for the foreseeable future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
You don't HAVE to be on any of those meds. You CHOOSE to sit there, like a sheep, and allow your MD/PCP to put you on all those meds and most of the time they are just putting you on them for you to return every 3 months for another check.
I realize that the above comment is from 2016, but it is as idiotic today as it was the day it was written. I am on blood thinners because I have an inherited blood disorder called Protein S Deficiency that makes me prone to develop blood clots. Before it was diagnosed, I developed numerous DVTs in both legs and multiple bilateral pulmonary emboli. I was extremely lucky not to have died then, and it is certain that without my continued use of blood thinners, I would be dead already.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:11 PM

11,975 posts, read 5,111,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I hate kale, I donít believe itís that healthy honestly.
I don't think kale is any more than a fancy cabbage. They are very close cousins and have very similar nutritional value. So feel good about having that side of coleslaw with the fried chicken. I know I do.

https://roarfood.co.nz/blog/articles...e-all-the-rage

Old 05-18-2019, 09:23 PM

13,213 posts, read 6,313,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't think kale is any more than a fancy cabbage. They are very close cousins and have very similar nutritional value. So feel good about having that side of coleslaw with the fried chicken. I know I do.

https://roarfood.co.nz/blog/articles...e-all-the-rage
The article reminds me we havenít been eating Savoy cabbage lately. I like Savoy cabbage a lot.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 493 times
Insulin & Medical Cannabis

Old 05-19-2019, 12:46 PM

6,392 posts, read 3,351,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

We are 72 and 76 and we both take zinc. It cured my husband's restless leg syndrome. .
Zinc for restless leg syndrome?
Do you mean a zinc supplement, and if so, how much does he take? My husband has RLS periodically.
and nothing has helped it including lots of magnesium
Thanks

Old 05-19-2019, 12:48 PM

6,392 posts, read 3,351,236 times
I am 67 and only take one medication — synthroid for low thyroid.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:23 PM

23,679 posts, read 8,235,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
As a retired person, the one thing I avoid talking about is health issues. No one wants hear a bunch of complaints. The complaints only seem to make the complainer feel worse. Nothing is accomplished in the process.

Millions of retirement-aged people are on statins, antihypertensives and insulin. I cannot imagine why anyone would want a list of forum members on those and additional meds.
Just the other day I posted in H&W about how statins are sucking the fat out of brains and hence the advanced dementia/alz patients in the last 20 some yrs. Our brains NEED good fats. I'm taking BP meds and thyroid and a lot of supplements for chronic arthritic issues.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
The article reminds me we havenít been eating Savoy cabbage lately. I like Savoy cabbage a lot.
Savoy is so good, I haven't had it for a while. I make cabbage soups and don't think to use savoy.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
In person it would be rude, but not on a message board. If you don`t want to answer, just by pass it.
I don't see anything rude about it, my 3 good friends and I talk about aches and pains all the time. Would like not to but they arrived. And we share a lot of what helps nutritionally with supplements we take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or