U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 01:07 PM

660 posts, read 354,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
Congratulations, yes it can be a little scary, but every great adventure starts with a little hesitation.
So true! Part of the adventure is the uncertainty and risk of it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 09:40 AM
ogg

19 posts, read 14,165 times
Congrats!

I'm looking at next July to retire. '64 and out the door!' I've got to quit checking the calendar every day, it's reminds me of watching the clock in the 5th grade waiting for recess.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:47 AM

2,894 posts, read 1,221,447 times
Well, today is my last day. I have my exit interview and then I'm done. We're going out to celebrate tomorrow night with a nice dinner and a cocktail or two.

I spent this week getting my projects in order and really tried to be conscientious about not leaving things in disarray. I am leaving on good terms but maybe more importantly, I'm leaving on my terms. Some people have not been that fortunate.

So I'm looking forward to the next adventure. I'm taking the next little while to get a few nagging health issues fixed and then we'll be relocating to the Las Vegas/Henderson area in the spring. That should be great, with no more cold winters, and a lot of things to do.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:18 AM

154 posts, read 402,141 times
Newly retired myself. What I love the most, so far, is not dreading Monday morning, which always weighed me down emotionally by Sunday afternoon into the evening. I also love being able to treat a Tuesday night as though it were a Saturday night! If there is something fun to do on any week night I can enjoy it without worrying about waking up at 6 a.m. the next morning! That has been wonderful.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:25 AM

527 posts, read 1,093,124 times
Congrats Camaro5
Enjoy the rest of your life.

I'm in the 1 year more syndrome
Life gave me a hard knock 2 1/2 years ago, took until now to come back.
Flexible plan is to pull the plug 2nd half of 2017.

Company doesn't really know, I'm friends with my boss and I told him, he said he would keep it quiet until I'm ready
Company is changing now, so it's time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or