U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 12:14 AM

588 posts, read 346,183 times

Advertisements

See, it sucks

Past 60 it sucks. you got here by hook or crook you are still here

Live with it

Love Love

And know you are enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 01:09 AM

6,000 posts, read 6,877,088 times
I'm 60 and it SUCKS!

I eat steak and drink whiskey all day in the dry desert sun and people always say I don't look my age.

Nope, they think I'm 86...

Old 02-11-2017, 07:20 AM

21,698 posts, read 23,717,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
But dying in our sleep without being ill is a good outcome, isn't it?
That's the way I would want to go.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:52 AM
mlb

3,208 posts, read 2,871,884 times
Message to the OP: It really doesn't matter what you look like. Your genes, your physiology, your environment are more a determination of how long and how well you will live.

Just because I look 10 years younger doesn't mean I feel that.

My boss thinks I do and he's suprised when I have to run to the doc/dentist because yet another thing is falling apart.

And yes, drinking can mask a whole lotta pain and illness.

Your post also reminds me of the "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" meme.

It ain't pretty.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:04 AM

6,363 posts, read 5,094,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Message to the OP: It really doesn't matter what you look like. Your genes, your physiology, your environment are more a determination of how long and how well you will live.

Just because I look 10 years younger doesn't mean I feel that.

My boss thinks I do and he's suprised when I have to run to the doc/dentist because yet another thing is falling apart.

And yes, drinking can mask a whole lotta pain and illness.

Your post also reminds me of the "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" meme.

It ain't pretty.
I was wondering what kind of young looking - like a little kid young or beautiful person young?

Old 02-11-2017, 08:06 AM

6,363 posts, read 5,094,738 times
And is 60 some magic number? I will be 60 in 3 years and I never felt "strange" about turning a certain decade before - not even 50. But for some reason, this number just looms ahead - lol.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:15 AM

4,315 posts, read 2,541,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
So I thought about this.

Do I really want to live on lentils and steamed kale? NO! But what if it means I live 10 years longer? NO! I guess we could all achieve maximum longevity by eating something like kibble. But I wouldn't be doing it!

Do I really want to work out 6 hours a day, 6 days a week? NO! But what if it means I live 10 years longer? Still no! And you can bet I would be regretting spending almost half my waking hours working out too!
I laughed reading this.
A few years ago a funny guy on the radio asked.............." if I only eat real healthy foods , will I live longer or will it just seem like I've lived a loooooooong time "

Old 02-11-2017, 08:52 AM

34,719 posts, read 33,754,671 times
I've always thought that having a fat face makes people look younger. Go ahead, stand in front of a mirror and poof out your cheeks and above your upper lip...all of those wrinkles disappear.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:20 AM

718 posts, read 605,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Here's a website where you can post a pic and people guess your age....then you can see the results. I don't know if people guess very seriously or just mess with you but it's worth a shot:

Guess My Age - How old do I look?

There are probably other sites that do the same thing...
OMG, That was SO addictive. I guessed most pretty closely with the exception of folks who were 18, I consistently guessed them 10 years older...

Old 02-11-2017, 10:28 AM

56,352 posts, read 54,783,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Effzee View Post
OMG, That was SO addictive. I guessed most pretty closely with the exception of folks who were 18, I consistently guessed them 10 years older...
A couple I hit head on, but I tended to guess around 5 years older.

I look for the lines around the eyes and the grooves running from the sides of the nose down to the corners of the mouth. Those are dead giveaways.

On New Year's Eve, that was the first thing I noticed on Mariah Carey--those grooves in her face. Prancing around in a tan body-shaper can't hide them lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement