U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 07:49 PM

588 posts, read 344,392 times

Advertisements

Is it possible, by living a life of stress, from being poor, having a chronic health issue and still drink alcohol on a daily basis

that one, as me, at, 61 almost 62 feel, act, and look 15 years younger.

Sorry to all those that think this is just me going on about what I think and what is reality.

No...I can't explain it.

People ask me and they really ask me...why! Since I tell them my true age.

I say, well,

I have about 2 sodas a year
I have a two thing of veggies a day, just a good spinach something
I don't eat sugar even honey (which I have found is very good for the facial skin if you slather it on the face but don't do it) since I do Niacinamide and Matrixx 3000 for around my eyes, some people swear by Vit C. Not good for me.
I sleep, and if I don't sleep I put more sleep in
I live in quiet when I am not working
I listen to meditation tapes (puts me to sleep in seconds)
No caffeine (I know! How strange is that!)
I try, and I will not say you need to do that for a family but NO processed food except if you can get it for less than 50% so it will be that go to when you can't do anything else
NO FAST FOOD INCLUDING PIZZA nuf said. So above as a treat. Also deserts...they are supposed to be a treat...we are not in France.
BIGGEST AND BEST since you all about 20 to 30 years younger than me and want to look good get a friggin Crook Pot! Easiest thing in the world. Onions, Carrots, Celery, Beef or Chicken or Pork, cook while you sleep, turn it off when you go to work come home it is now just settling and no you will not be killed by leaving it out. The Pot stays warm for a long time.

Have a great time eating this then go for a WALK with yourself, your kids, your SO. Whatever floats your boat. And if you can't STAND to do this just purchase at Wallymart a pair of 6 pound free weights and start pumping. Look to the Web for the correct way to begin. Walking and free weights, start with three minutes max.
As far as booze. You will see the difference immediately.

Love Love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 08:09 PM

1,078 posts, read 710,728 times
Post a pic and we'll be the judge of how old you look

Old 02-08-2017, 08:52 PM

10,812 posts, read 8,056,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
Post a pic and we'll be the judge of how old you look
/thread

Old 02-08-2017, 09:02 PM

2,149 posts, read 2,622,487 times
Curious, how old did your parents live to be?

As I get a little older I feel our choices certainly can impact our quality of life but a good set of genes is important and typically not given the credit it deserves.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:20 PM

21,699 posts, read 23,651,778 times
A lovely woman in my play readers group age 60 who ate very healthy, did not drink, exercised, looked about ten years younger, had a calm happy personality and a great sense of humor died in her sleep a couple of days ago. She had no previous signs of ill health. She had checkups every year.

I'm not saying the OP's suggestions are not a key for a long and healthy life. Those are good guidelines. It's just not a guarantee of a long and healthy life for everyone. So no matter how pristine your lifestyle, when your time comes, it comes.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:25 PM

8,009 posts, read 7,292,844 times
I'm starting on that Dinty Moore diet tomorrow.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:30 PM

2,838 posts, read 4,155,052 times
Living a healthy lifestyle is preferable to living hard but I believe genes play a much bigger part than previously thought.

I am seeing proof of this as I age and see my friends dropping like flies.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:58 PM

234 posts, read 176,615 times
Low carb diet. I cut out pasta, bread,rice,processed snacks and beer. Vodka and whiskey with water are ok on the low carb.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:25 PM

30,998 posts, read 13,564,601 times
Kudos to you for being as disciplined as you are. I'm sure a health lifestyle helps a good deal, but I have an unusually high number of female centenarians in my family and none of them were particularly careful about their diet. They were all very active even in their 80's and 90's. My Great Aunt who died this year at 103 was in a bowling league until she was 100 and only quit then because she was having knee pain.

As far as physical appearance, I would guess that smoking and sun damage probably ages one's appearance more than anything else but skin wrinkling and elasticity also seem to be largely genetic.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:35 AM

7,110 posts, read 8,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
. They were all very active even in their 80's and 90's.
That's the key right there. If you don't stop, you'll keep going longer. There's another thread here somewhere, about not getting out of shape as you age, as it's harder to get it back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement