Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:35 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Yes! I use it for my nose, every day. I have allergies. But I have no problem eating meat. That might be partly the cause of my taste disorder, though. Interesting.

But, you know I do like breathing.
I was using Flonase about twice as much as recommended, also. The directions say 1 spray per nostril per day. I was doing 2. One in the morning and one in the evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 01:50 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Yes! I use it for my nose, every day. I have allergies. But I have no problem eating meat. That might be partly the cause of my taste disorder, though. Interesting.

But, you know I do like breathing.
I also use Flonase regularly for allergies, and haven't noticed any effect on how things taste.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:50 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
An excessive sweet taste is a reason for a doctor's office visit to check for diabetes! There are plenty of other possible reasons but diabetes is a common cause.
I am not sure what you are saying here. I do not have a sweet taste; I find some sweet things too sweet--sweet enough to be disturbing. I have found some desserts to be too sweet for my taste, and I find sweet salad dressings intrusively sweet. I have never liked sweetened coffee drinks. I'll take my coffee with a little cream and nothing else.

I like pastries and some sweets enough that I have to practice abstention and moderation.

And to the anon poster who left a note after repping me, I don't think I am in the early stages of dementia! Would I even be complaining about this if I were?

I am appreciating others' notes about how meds have affected you, or how taste disturbance might be a deficiency of zinc. I had never heard about zinc. I'll have to do a little research on that.

If anyone has other info to share, please do.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:34 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
I'm just thrilled to be, since yesterday and after 10 days, beginning to get my sense of smell (and, so, taste) back after losing it due to a cold.

It had been at least 20 years since I'd had a cold, but I remember them and inability to smell only lasted while my nose was stuffed--not almost two weeks after.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:02 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,348,476 times
Food doesn't taste differently but I find I get heartburn from certain foods. It never happened until menopause.

Ah, the joy of it all

Old 02-23-2017, 11:21 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,756,639 times
Many medications can change your sense of taste. So if your change of taste is very recent Id look at what else in your daily medications might have changed. One med I took made everything taste too salty, and I LOVE salt. So that was odd. Ive found that I like more hot sauce on things lately. Suddenly medium salsa is too mild and I put sriracha on lots of stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement