U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 12:20 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,401,939 times

Advertisements

In NJ you don't have to get your picture retaken every time you renew your drivers license. I think I have used the same one for maybe 10-12 years now? I'll keep using it until they don't recognize who is giving them the renewal paperwork. Every time I skulk away from the counter after renewing I dance out to the parking lot like I just won the lottery!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 12:26 PM

3,432 posts, read 1,531,248 times
Yep! I keep my DL picture from 2012 in the plastic window of my wallet so I feel cheered up when I flip it open. It's not that long ago but something happened between then and now...

My 30-yr-old neighbor said "You look like Penny from Big Bang!" when she saw that.
Now I feel more like Betty White....

Old 02-27-2017, 04:05 PM

6,124 posts, read 9,079,067 times
It's really a shame it's just us gals. Men seem to get more handsome as time goes by. JMHO

Old 02-27-2017, 04:49 PM

2,455 posts, read 2,625,317 times
We used to be able to renew driver's licenses online so I kept the same picture for about 10 years. One day a clerk at a liquor store said, "Is that your younger sister?" Haha, very funny. I changed liquor stores.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:01 PM

1,986 posts, read 2,635,623 times
Is that REALLY a photo of me???-damn-you-mirror.jpg

Old 02-27-2017, 05:39 PM

274 posts, read 173,344 times
"Hey, who's that bald old guy in the back row?"......

Old 02-27-2017, 06:20 PM

79 posts, read 47,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
It's really a shame it's just us gals. Men seem to get more handsome as time goes by. JMHO
You sure got that right. Gray hair and some wrinkles just add sexy character. Actually they can even disguise the dreaded "jowls" and turkey neck with a cute little goatee/short beard. And, hide the lip lines with a mustache. Of course I could probably grow a light mustache now myself

I finally got a new license photo in 2016. The old one was from 1994, I had "big hair".

Old 02-27-2017, 08:01 PM

322 posts, read 194,311 times
Aww sorry OP. I look horrible in pics, I'm just not super photogenic unless I'm taking the picture myself or from my "good side".

I once read a post that asked "Have you ever seen your face from a different angle and had a mental breakdown?"

Old 02-27-2017, 08:12 PM

19,838 posts, read 18,851,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
My sister has those arms and is thinking of trying lifting weights.
I can't rep you again but wanted to say that's a good idea. I stopped swimming and stopped lifting those little arm weights. I hope some muscle can be regained because this totally sucks! Push ups against the shower wall when you take your morning shower are not enough.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:14 PM

890 posts, read 677,078 times
True story. I wrote an opinion that appeared in my city's newspaper over the weekend and the editor wanted me to send a photo. I looked at my inventory for something recent and the closest I found was something two years back. Thinking that it would be better to provide a current photo, I took a couple selfies on the day it turned out I was getting sick. I snapped a couple for starters.

When I looked at the photos I gasped, looked to my left and right and then immediately deleted them, destroying the evidence so nobody could ever see them. I was devastated but thought since it was early in the morning that later would be better. Well later came but those photos were no better; maybe worse.

Now granted I was coming down ill and wasn't aware of it at the time but I found myself in a bind as the photo was needed sooner than later. Again looking at the newest attempts, I found myself wondering if I had taken a shot of me lying down in my future casket. And I also wondered if I had accidently OD'd on embalming fluid.

So I went to Plan B and submitted a two-year old photo and that's what appeared in the newspaper.

But it made me realize that my current inventory of photos is what I may have to work with for the rest of my life. Unless I buy the latest high-end version of PhotoShop.

I've always loved my mirror but it's been the camera that I have issues with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or